SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Feeler WTB. USA Ovation

Just a general gas musing at the moment. Any USA built Ovations gathering dust that you fancy moving on. Having a bit of an 80's nostalgia trip.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71952
    There are a couple in the shop I think - we have several Ovations at the moment. I'll have a look when I'm in.

I think the world is just waiting for a revival, personally :).

We sold an old one last year, a plain acoustic deep-bowl one. A genuinely good-sounding guitar, quite different from the 'plastic' sound you expect from a modern thinline electro-acoustic one. I think the bridge pickup is a real tone-killer on those.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    Thanks @icbm would be interested to hear what you've got. Always had a bit of soft spot for these and was watching a bit of Jimmy Page and Roy Harper from the Jugula era last night which got me thinking
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6594

@merlin

Acoustic sorry mate. that said the Kamen does look tasty

Jase

Little bump
    Anyone?
  • I have two Ovations Legends for sale with Rick at New Kings Road guitars. They're both really good value & far cheaper than new Korean, Chinese etc acoustics - please give him a call if you're interested! Thanks!
    Michael.