Disappointingly expensive

What's Hot
TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7413
http://worldguitars.co.uk/nile-rodgers-hitmaker-strat-tbc/

:-(

I had harboured hopes of it being a bit less than that. 
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    good job it's just a modded standard hardtail US strat then ;) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Yes, I'd expect a vibrato at the very least for that money.

And a small car.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    That is a bit silly.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 684
    edited January 2014
    impmann said:
    That is a bit silly.
    But both incoming guitars are reserved so obviously somebody doesn't think so.

I assume for that price it's a full on replica with wear etc. I have absolutely no idea why anyone would want to pay that, fan or not, for what is indeed just a hardtail strat but there ya go.
  • "Disappointingly expensive"

and re-assuringly predictable....
    "You play an accordian, you go to prison - that’s the law…."  
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5015
    Disappointingly expensive - like a lot of World Guitars' stock...
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7413
    edited January 2014
    daveyh said:
    impmann said:
    That is a bit silly.
    But both incoming guitars are reserved so obviously somebody doesn't think so.

I assume for that price it's a full on replica with wear etc. I have absolutely no idea why anyone would want to pay that, fan or not, for what is indeed just a hardtail strat but there ya go.
    It's had a fair gestation period this sig model - they kept sending Nile guitars, and he kept sending them back :-D 
    Apparently he proved to them the reason his personal guitar sounds the way it does was the combination of neck and body weight (and no doubt some other things) by swapping necks and bodies and his own electrics between the samples they sent. The "news" about an imminent Nile signature goes back about 4 or more years - they've been working on it for a while.

I'm a Nile Rogers fanboy - rational commentary on the merits or otherwise of this guitar are largely irrelevant to my desire for it ;-) 
    Red ones are better. 
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    Hmmm, really? I like some of his stuff, but I've never thought his Strat ever had a particularly distinctive sound, tbh. Sorry if that offends anyone, but it just sounds like a regular Strat to me...

I'd like to A/B this against a Mexican Robert Cray hardtail Strat to see what the real sonic differences are.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7413
    TimmyO said:

I'm a Nile Rogers fanboy - rational commentary on the merits or otherwise of this guitar are largely irrelevant to my desire for it ;-) 
    I say again... ^ :-) 
    Red ones are better. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17603
    tFB Trader
    It's overpriced and I like trems and rosewood board on strats, but if I had £4k to burn I'd still buy one because I'm a hopeless fanboy.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    £3850? Two incoming already reserved? Am I missing something? I shall show this to Mrs D and advise her despite her grumblings how jolly lucky she is.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    I think my greatest worry would be spending all that money and then still sounding like me when I played it..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    You'll always sound like you! Give Hetfield an Argos starter kit, and he'll sound like Hetfield.
  • I love Nile, but that's a bit pricey for what's essentially a hard tail strat.  Unless it's a masterbuilt or something?

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I'm sure we've all done our share of obsessing about this and that guitar player, or whatever.. I can understand wanting to get as close to a guy's sound, and that.. But I'm glad I'm not stressing over buying a 4 grand guitar, because of it..!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• It's only a Strat. You could build your own FFS, and still had a few bob left over. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28336
    Well, at least with locking sperzels you won't go out of tune with all that whammy stuff ...... er ......

I kind of feel that signature guitars only really work with 'guitar hero' types, people who really make a guitar sing. Very significant individual though Nile has been, he's not in that category. 

I'd like to see a Thomas Blug signature strat. That would be cool, but way out of my budget.
    Mind you, have you seen the pennies required for the Dusty Hill CS P Bass? Nice, but fckn hell...
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    axisus;137952" said:
    Well, at least with locking sperzels you won't go out of tune with all that whammy stuff ...... er ......

I kind of feel that signature guitars only really work with 'guitar hero' types, people who really make a guitar sing. Very significant individual though Nile has been, he's not in that category. 

I'd like to see a Thomas Blug signature strat. That would be cool, but way out of my budget.
    Don't Vintage do a Blug 'Strat'? That might be within budget

;)
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    jd0272 said:
    You'll always sound like you! Give Hetfield an Argos starter kit, and he'll sound like Hetfield.
    Yeah, but if you ever have the intense misfortune to hear me play you'll understand quite how disappointing this all is...;-)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom