Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Oh come on you guys Brian has a ...........................................

What's Hot
kossofffankossofffan Frets: 540
new amp out, praise or flame him but lets discuss,

http://youtu.be/GbIaNqqvWvM
1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Brian Wampler has taken his intimate knowledge of circuits and built the Bravado from the ground up, designed to be the ultimate high-headroom clean pedal platform.

The Bravado is equipped with 6L6 power tubes and delivers 40 watts of clarity that works well with nearly every pedal, making it sound like the voice of Gods. Unlike almost every other amp on the market, the Bravado is engineered to give players warmth and natural tube compression that gels with all types of pedals, whether a simple boost or massive distortion. When it comes to the EQ, the Bravado provides a multitude of tweakable tones. A wide range three-band EQ sculpts any pedalboard while the tube-buffered effects loop is a nice warm place for your delay/reverb effects.

The Fat switch which gives your signal chain a ballsy push in the midrange without being nasally. Three positions provide varying levels of midrange enhancement and extra gain for players looking for a brawnier tone. Wampler found that amps with bright switches were either too bright or too dark, and so a multi-position bright switch rounds out the EQ controls. Six positions of brightness let you dial in just the right amount to liven up your chain before the power section gives it what for. The Bravado is expertly handwired, point-to-point, in Los Angeles, CA and loaded with top-shelf components for optimal tone.

The Bravado will be available in a 40w head (2x12" cab available) and 1x12" 40w combo!

Full details will be published on the main web site product pages soon, with pre-order links and confirmed release dates!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27580

Brian Wampler has taken his intimate knowledge of circuits

Ha ha ha ha ha.

Good one.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    So, pretty much like every new amp on the market.
    Do these guys all share the same script?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    Don't get the cynicism. It's a valve guitar amp, tuned the way they want to tune it. If he had done something completely original and left field he may have got praise but likely sold none. It fits in with a pedal companies ethos as a pedal platform and if sounds good then nice one. Does the world need it? No, but then why single Wampler out.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Whats the beef with Brian Wampler? He seems like a nice enough bloke, and his youtube channel can be very entertaining...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Whats the beef with Brian Wampler? He seems like a nice enough bloke, and his youtube channel can be very entertaining...

Exactly, and more importantly great pedal designer!
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5112
    Brian is a registered member of the fretboard. He might be along soon to comment  :)
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    He lost me at "making it sound like the voice of the Gods".
    Most amp makers claim the same thing.
    It might be the best amp in the world but the sales pitch is really stale.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    tone1 said:
    Brian is a registered member of the fretboard. He might be along soon to comment  :)

In the same way that Pete Thorn is also a member. We seem to scare them off!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Who's beefing? I don't see any cynicism. Sounds like a reasonable concept for an amp to me.

My view of it would largely be dependant on price - would most likely be $$$ over here.
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2569
    tFB Trader
    sounds good, when did 40w become high headroom though?

I do the mid switch thing but use two switches for high mids and lows mids, gives you much more control.

Whats the beef with Brian Wampler? He seems like a nice enough bloke, and his youtube channel can be very entertaining...
    Early in his pedal-related career, Brian sold ebooks. They were just collections of material created by others, but Brian was happy to sell them for money - no credit, no references, certainly none of the profit went to the people who actually created the material. They included a load of my drawings and other material culled from my site, and he did the same other people - "his" soldering guide, for instance, was lifted straight from another website, word for word, picture for picture.

That he's regarded as any sort of design guru - or, in fact, as anything other than a plagiarist - is utterly bizarre to me.
    1reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:

Early in his pedal-related career, Brian sold ebooks. They were just collections of material created by others, but Brian was happy to sell them for money - no credit, no references, certainly none of the profit went to the people who actually created the material. They included a load of my drawings and other material culled from my site, and he did the same other people - "his" soldering guide, for instance, was lifted straight from another website, word for word, picture for picture.
    Interesting - I didn't know that.

Which bits are yours?

R.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71959
    Sassafras said:
    So, pretty much like every new amp on the market.
    Do these guys all share the same script?
    Exactly.

Yawn.

Now, if he'd used his 'intimate knowledge of circuits' to build a solid-state amp that sounded good, I might be slightly interested.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• slackerslacker Frets: 2216
    Sporky said:

Which bits are yours?

R.
    It's got to have monkeys in it. BTW I liked the monkeys. 
    A whole host of drawings showing TB wiring, AB wiring, ABY wiring, loop order changers, AB loopers. They were all watermarked so there was no possibility that he just happened to have drawn them in the same style.

I wasn't first to come up with all of that, of course, but I think I was about the first to draw them all up clearly and publish the drawings for DIYers on the Harmony Central FX forum.

He removed them when challenged and claimed to have sold only 7 copies, which patently wasn't true.
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935

I only have one Wampler pedal...the Pinnacle Deluxe and its one of my main pedals. I like the sounds of many of his other pedals I've watched demos on...but if a lil piddly pedal costs as much as they do how much is this beast of an amp gonna cost? :o

• slackerslacker Frets: 2216
    Sporky said:
    A whole host of drawings showing TB wiring, AB wiring, ABY wiring, loop order changers, AB loopers. They were all watermarked so there was no possibility that he just happened to have drawn them in the same style.

I wasn't first to come up with all of that, of course, but I think I was about the first to draw them all up clearly and publish the drawings for DIYers on the Harmony Central FX forum.

He removed them when challenged and claimed to have sold only 7 copies, which patently wasn't true.
    No monkeys? 
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3359
    edited November 2016
    I think it sounds nice, and if that's Brian in that video then Brian isn't a bad guitarist either, and Brians guitar also sounds nice.

Question is, if I had that amp would my guitar playing sound as nice? I very much doubt it, but it would definably sound better than it does now, can Brian write sales blurb as well as he can play a guitar or as well as his amps sound? Obviously not. 

Edit to add, Brian, if you want to put my ''your amp will make my guitar playing better'' theory to the test I'd be happy to oblige.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    robgilmo said:
    I think it sounds nice, and if that's Brian in that video then Brian isn't a bad guitarist either, and Brians guitar also sounds nice.

It's Andy Martin - Mike Herman's is the other guy in the PGS vids - both really solid players
    Brian is a decent player too (very country influenced) - you can see him on a lot of vids now at Wampler's YT and FB channels