Stolen Lowden

What's Hot
Hope I'm not breaking some board etiquette here but please look out for a very well known, well loved and well played Lowden owned by Martyn Joseph. stolen today at Andover services.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3876
    You're not breaking any rules at all. You should move this to 'Guitar' too for wider coverage. What a horrible thing to happen.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fully understand why Mr Joseph would be upset by that.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • Bump, awful mate
  • davewwdaveww Frets: 165
    Shame! I saw Martyn play locally at Hutton Rudby.  Really good.
  • Good shout @artiebear. ;

I was just about to post the same picture.

It's a Richard Thompson model, unusual in that it has an Ebony headstock face plate. The case is one of those Hoffee's, obviously covered in stickers. 

Spread the word if you can Gents.
  • What a strange thing to nick.. it's rare as rare for starters...  can't be played out cos all lowdenistas are by nature curious as its a small club... thinking about it I don't know my serial number either....  utter #!#!~ who stole it... 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72254
    The thieves won't have known it was a distinctive model. Hopefully they'll sell it and it will end up being traced, without them realising it could catch them. Stuff like this can easily disappear without the new 'owner' even realising what they've got though.

Very sad to hear this, it should be another warning against leaving a van full of gear anywhere without someone actively guarding it. Annoying that it should be like this, but it is... it only takes seconds for some scumbag to force a door and grab something.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks for keeping this one going guys and to @ourmaninthenorth for the extra info and putting the word out in the for sale section. I've known Martyn for a long time having worked with him in the past. Was gutted for him when I heard, especially as he's in the middle of a long Uk tour having just got back from the States. As I've found out for myself, getting gear stolen goes with the territory on the road, but it still hurts. Lets hope that this one has a happy ending.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • artiebear said:
    Thanks for keeping this one going guys and to @ourmaninthenorth for the extra info and putting the word out in the for sale section. I've known Martyn for a long time having worked with him in the past. Was gutted for him when I heard, especially as he's in the middle of a long Uk tour having just got back from the States. As I've found out for myself, getting gear stolen goes with the territory on the road, but it still hurts. Lets hope that this one has a happy ending.
    Couldn't agree more @artiebear ;

Stealing a man's tools is a capital crime in my book...here's hoping the light fingered bastids are also halfwits and try to offer this up in the public domain. 

If Martyn is playing any Manchester gigs, and it just has to be a Lowden, He's got one here at his disposal for the evening.