Mono 1/4 inch socket

What's Hot
Hi, 

Years ago I swapped the speakers from my Marshall TSL122 combo with those in my Framus 2 x 12.

The Framus has a backplate for the jack to go through where you then tighten up the nut.  It must be a bit thicker than the back plate on the TSL (which is long gone) so the nut falls off....I've been using the socket hanging loose but every now and then a connector breaks off and I have to resolder it.  

The length of the thread on the jack is around 8mm.....I'd say I need a socket with a minimum of 10mm of thread......15mm would be super safe.

I've had no luck in finding anywhere that advertises the length of the thread (not the diameter) and any that I've seen are the same as I have now.

I also used (probably too) thick wire to the speakers so decent lugs to attach to are desirable.

Any ideas where I could find one?

Cheers,
Andy
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71957
    You can get the standard Switchcraft jack with a longer bushing - they say 3/8", which is very close to 10mm. You could leave out the washer if necessary to get the other 1/2mm. They also have good terminals for soldering thick wire.

http://www.allparts.uk.com/products/1-4-inch-input-jack-switchcraft-mono-w-3-8-inch-threaded-bushing

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Well it's a quality part, so even if it doesn't work for this, I can keep it for the future :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom