Stringbusters - any news? Yes, and it's good

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    Anyone order from Stringbusters in the last week?

Im having the same problem as OP had: made an order last week but no strings this week.  Sent an email yesterday to no reply and my order says "Awaiting Dispatch" on the site despite the strings being in stock.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
    I always use these with no problem  /http://www.newstrings.co.uk/

• RolandRoland Frets: 8692
    My order of 20th March went through promptly
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    Roland said:
    My order of 20th March went through promptly
    Sounds like what happened before: some orders go missing without explanation.  This could be the end of my decade-long custom of Stringbusters, going AWOL like this is just not acceptable these days.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24189
    The basschat guys are having similar issues to the point where a mod has recommended that they not be used anymore.

Apparently it was a bulk order for Elixirs - money taken. No response to any email, no phone contact, no nothing.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6385
    Not knocking them as they've been reliable, but they aren't as cheap as they used to be .....
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11570
    tFB Trader
    Jalapeno said:
    Not knocking them as they've been reliable, but they aren't as cheap as they used to be .....
    The exchange rate shift hiking everything UP 25% for goods bought in in Dollars will possibly at the root of that

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    Jalapeno said:
    The exchange rate shift hiking everything UP 25% for goods bought in in Dollars will possibly at the root of that
    As I said in another thread when someone mentioned a 25% drop in the value of the pound, it's only 12% lower now than the day before the referendum.

The lowest it's been since the referendum is $1.21 which is 18% rather than 25%.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6385
    All undoubtedly true, but I'm a capricious Internet shopper these days when it comes to strings - Elixirs and Thomastik-Infeld flatwounds are worth shopping around for !!!!!
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Strings Direct is the best i find, and very cheap.  
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24189
    https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.stringbusters.com

Bad reviews, and one reviewer suggests the company is now in different hands.

Bass strings are expensive enough as it is so I won't be risking them now.
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    Strings direct for me, for a long time with nary an issue.
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Remember folks, if you've paid out on your Credit Card, you should be able to raise a complaint via your credit card company. But only if the purchase was over £100.

Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods.

Yes, I know you may not have spent £100, but it's good to know that there is some sort of protection. £100 is 25 sets of strings at £4 a set. Some of you might buy in that kind of bulk, so it's not something to scoff at.

Obviously, for a more detailed appraisal of your rights, check out the Consumer Credit Act for yourselves.
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    edited May 2017
    PS: If Stringbusters is 'Stringbusters Limited', then it does look like there were a flurry of changes back in 2014, but not recently (unless you count the trading address shifting from Surrey to North Devon). If you know where to look on the internet, you can find current/past Directors, addresses, and some indication of financials. I won't elaborate or link to this information, just in case the 'Stringbusters' everyone is talking about in this thread is not the limited company I refer to above.
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    fandango said:
    PS: If Stringbusters is 'Stringbusters Limited', then it does look like there were a flurry of changes back in 2014, but not recently (unless you count the trading address shifting from Surrey to North Devon). If you know where to look on the internet, you can find current/past Directors, addresses, and some indication of financials. I won't elaborate or link to this information, just in case the 'Stringbusters' everyone is talking about in this thread is not the limited company I refer to above.
    99% sure you're right on this one. Same company - the guys who left in 2014 were the ones I knew, so it's in new hands now which would explain the difference in service. Shame :( (That being said, I've had no problems with them at all since they've changed hands, but it's obviously a bit patchy). 
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513

That's settled then.

No blue eyes. No care.