Template/Stencil Spraying

So I finally stripped down a guitar I bought off someone on MR for the 2009 or 2010 £100 guitar challenge. My plan is to spray it white and then stencil a 3 colour design on it.

I have a few questions about the process. In order that I will ateempt each step: 

1) After sanding should you use any kind of sealer or primer before applying the first coat? My plan is to mist coat multiple thin coats of white building up to a solid finish.

2.) does anyone have any experience making a suitable stencil. My first though was to use card but Im worried that because the body is contoured the edges wont quite be perfectly flush everywhere and will result in a badly defined line when I spray the stenciled design on. Also what do you reccomend for holding the stencil on without taking any of the pain underneath off.

3.) Once you've finished what do you recommend as a finish to protect the paint / desing? A matt varnish perhaps?
ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    I've had stencils made by these people that have been really good/easy to use. Surprisingly cheap, even made to your design too

• I shall definitely take a look. Wouldnt mind paying a bit for the stencil, especially if I can re-use it.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ