Days where you just sound rubbish?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Si_;138269" said:
    Whenever I think I sound crap I sell stuff.. only to want to buy it back 6 weeks later :(
    That used to be me. Then i realised i always sound shyte lol :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Ah that's right, Guitarist mag. And the yella free ads.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3876
    edited January 2014
    jd0272;138296" said:
    [quote="Deadman;138292"]I only use my Yam THR now so I don't have bad days.
    Is that like my auld fellas motor scooter ?[/quote]

it's an amp for bedroom rebels like me, who only ever play to a max audience of two or three 9-13 year olds and a dog.
    Deadman;138408" said:
    [quote="jd0272;138296"][quote="Deadman;138292"]I only use my Yam THR now so I don't have bad days.
    Is that like my auld fellas motor scooter ?[/quote]

it's an amp for bedroom rebels like me, who only ever play to a max audience of two or three 9-13 year olds and a dog.[/quote]

I know dude, I know. My kids think I'm a hero. The cat however is completely indifferent.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3876
    My kids are forced to listen to me, my dog hates me and I think I'm a hero.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    You can't force them, Social Services don't like that type of thing. Let them have Beiber and Katy Perry, it'll work out for the best. ;)
  • Put the guitar down walk away and play when you want again. Simple as that. You play better when you want to play.
    Well, we all got together in our entirety as a band since before Xmas, bearing in mind we're all more than competent musicians, and we were patchy at best. If we'd been gigging tonight we'd have been stoned, and not the happy type. Complacency get thee behind me! On the plus side, bassist has loaned me a Jazz Bass to experiment on. On the downside he's fckd off with my new TV DC LP replica. Tsk.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I'm fairly shit, but I have the odd day when, in my limited way, I actually sound sort of OK. Of course I mostly have days when I sound so shit that I hate myself. I usually find that spending money I can't afford on another guitar I don't need, makes me feel better for a little while.
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

It's like when one used to be single. You yearn for the 'one' , but in the mean time, "I'm sure you'll make me feel better my good woman....." and off we go!!!
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    don't have wank first.... it sounds better that way round...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Tsk, ruined a good thread with a sensible answer ;)

usedtobe said:
    I'm fairly shit, but I have the odd day when, in my limited way, I actually sound sort of OK.

That's me all over - not so much bad days as the occasional unusually good minute! Usually I feel I'm just blagging it respectably, then something will come out that has me thinking "did I play that?", the rest of the band look at me in amazement, then normality returns. Always happens in practices as well, never when anybody's listening (probably a reason for that - I'm more relaxed and not worried about cocking up).
  • Well, luckily, I sorted it last night. Had a nice hot shower, spent ten minutes properly warming up and was back to learning my way through alter bridge songs.

Holy cow those guys can pick some riffs.

I've also discovered a great new setting on the amp! Slightly more compressed, but with enough bite for the pick attack to come through. So tinkering should be encouraged!