SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Universal Audio Apollo Twin Duo Thunderbolt **£425 to match UAD December h/w sale

What's Hot
FreddieVanHalenFreddieVanHalen Frets: 954
edited December 2016 in Studio & Rec £
SOLD

£535 £425 delivered by special delivery paid by PPG or bank transfer (needs to be done this week to match UAD's promotion). Or you could collect from London (City / East Central) and save the postage.

I upgraded to the quad version for more IO so this just hasn't been getting used.

Home use only and in great condition. I still have the box, PSU and the different travel adapters for the PSU.

I'll need to de-link it from my account as I still need my plugins for the quad, but I think UAD are having a sale right now so you can stock up.

Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7412
    I have the (less powerful) Solo version - it is stunning.

You're right about the current sale - it's crazy - I keep having to stop myself looking at it - I may yet get the Analog Classics bundle though. Wish I'd got the Duo at the time - but not got the spare money at the mo

Someone should jump on this 
    Red ones are better. 
  • Thanks @TimmyO yep I'm also trying not to look too hard at the UAD offers!

For late night practice I'll often just plug into this using the Fender Deluxe model and a couple of pedals, it's not bad!
    I demo'd the Deluxe - wasn't massively taken with it. The Bluesbreaker amp plugin seems very good - very responsive, but I didn't buy it. I might treat myself to the Maag eq in the sale
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Bump
  • Do you think the price is fair considering this won't come with the plugins that make the UA Audio hardware worth it over the similarly priced competition?

Don't mean to insult or cause a ruckus, it's just it seems they are quite a huge part of the deal.
  • @vaticancameos I'm happy for respectful discussion of fair price, especially if it enables a sale or clears up confusion for someone who is put off buying.

the plug-ins that come with the units out of the box will be included, from the UAD website about choosing whether to transfer plug-in ownership on sale of the unit:

If YES is chosen, all plug-in licenses in the System will be transferred with the hardware. If NO is chosen, all plug-in licenses will remain in the seller's account and the included Analog Classics plug-ins will be issued to the buyer when the hardware is transferred. 

So the new owner will get the base plug-ins just as I did when I bought the unit and can take advantage of the current UAD sale to stock up on the extra plug-ins they want.

Some recent eBay sold items show these going for £540 - £600 with the base plug-ins and considerably more if the add-on plug ins are included. I am also open to reasonable offers :-)

If you're asking, "is the UAD platform value for money when compared against Apogee + plug-ins that run on the computer rather than the audio interface itself" I would say yes because I'm keeping my Apollo Quad. Other people will have the opposite view.

For me it was about being able to get a sound card that did latency free tracking so I could also use amp and effects modelling in real time without also have to have an AxeFx or similar...but that opens another completely difference line of discussion!
  • @FreddieVanHalen not that does totally make sense and add up, it seems I either completely misread your initial post or I'm just an idiot haha!

It clearly makes this a really good deal. The base plugin package includes the Neve and Fairfield stuff right?
    The base plugin package includes the Neve and Fairfield stuff right?
    No - the Neve and Fairfield promo they are currently running is additional free stuff for people buying and registering new hardware during the promotion period. 

There is a list somewhere on their site re what comes standard with each piece of hardware - it's a very usable set of stuff. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • TimmyO said:

There is a list somewhere on their site re what comes standard with each piece of hardware - it's a very usable set of stuff. 
    I'll have to try and find that!
  • FreddieVanHalenFreddieVanHalen Frets: 954
    edited December 2016
    Hi @vaticancameos you are not an idiot, you and @TimmyO have highlighted a hardware promotion that UAD are running that I have missed.

If you register new hardware, you get extra plugins that would cost £225 to buy in the software sale.

A new unit is currently retailing at £760, but one could say the hardware value during UAD's offer is £760 - £225 = £535

That means I have to price around £425 (delivered special, paid by PPGift or bank transfer) if I'm going to be competitive with UAD during their hardware sale.

So there it is, offers close to that will snag this during the next week to match UAD.

It will have to be this week, as I can't get it posted quickly enough to meet the xmas post otherwise and the unit will need to be transferred and re-registered to it's new owner in December to take advantage of their current software sale.

Thank you both for highlighting this.

EDIT: any potential buyer please also note that these units do not come included with a thunderbolt cable, you will need to buy one yourself. Yes, I agree, I think this is cheap of UAD but what can you do...

It should be this list (these are the standard ones - Freddie can no doubt confirm - it's his sale :-) 

1176LN Legacy Classic Limiting Amplifier CompressorManual
    1176SE Legacy Classic Limiting AmplifierCompressorManual

Precision Mix Rack CollectionCh. StripManual
    Pultec EQP-1A Legacy EQManual

Pultec Pro EQ Legacy EQManual
    Raw Plug-In for UAD-2 GuitarManual
    RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler ReverbManual
    Softube Amp Room Half-Stack Plug-In for UAD-2 GuitarManual
    Softube Bass Amp Room 8x10 Plug-In for UAD-2 GuitarManual
    Teletronix® LA-2A Legacy Classic Leveling Amplifier CompressorManual

UA 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ Plug-In for UAD-2 EQManual
    Red ones are better. 
  • FreddieVanHalenFreddieVanHalen Frets: 954
    edited December 2016
    Hi @TimmyO I'm not sure if will be the full list above because of the way UAD do the transfer process.

From their "How to transfer ownership" page at: https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/206238366-How-To-Transfer-Ownership-of-UAD-2-Apollo-Devices

Note: All UAD-2/Apollo devices include a free collection of 'Analog Classics' plug-ins, which are automatically assigned to the new owner, even if the seller chooses not to transfer any additional plug-ins.

The analog classics has three plugins, again copied from UAD website:
    Legacy versions of the 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, the LA-2A Leveling Amplifier, and the Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer.

Details of the analog classics package can be found here: http://www.uaudio.com/blog/uad-2-analog-classics-trailer

If the buyer gets a fuller list of plug-ins on transfer then great, but I think a new buyer will have to assume just the analog classics and then mix and match what they want from the December sale.
  • Gonna have to have a real serious think about this at that price, I've been eyeing one for a while and this might just be what I need to tip my wallet strings... I'll get back to you ASAP
  • Bump.

This will be available until 10am on Friday this week, at which point I will have to withdraw it as I will no longer be able to arrange for the unit to be delivered in time to match the UAD software sale/offer.
    I'm giving thought to going for this and flipping my Solo... 
    Red ones are better.