Composition Challenge #16 - Flavours of the World!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• only a few days left people

Old Is Gold
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Done the tune.  Struggling with the picture because I decided I'd have a go with Blender and I've only just started to learn how to use it.
    It's not a competition.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    And finished and sent .. no last minute panics. This is early for me ... :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • I've been working on mine today. Nearly there, just a bit of spit and polish (and maybe an ambient guitar track if I can be arsed) and it's there.

It's been a weird one.
    3:-O
    I've been working on mine today. Nearly there, just a bit of spit and polish (and maybe an ambient guitar track if I can be arsed) and it's there.

It's been a weird one.
    3:-O
    You haven't heard mine .... :-)

It sounds like a John Peel show from the 70s ...

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    not gonna be able to make this one but looking forward to hearing the others...
  • Sent mine.

It's not a competition.
  • Mixed. :)

Just need to run it through T-Racks and convert to mp3. Plenty of time.
    :-\"
    Mixed. :)

Pull your finger out .. I like listening to your stuff .. :-)

How do you find T-Racks? IKM keep sending me special offers to buy into the T-Racks tech. I use Amplitube which I think is the best amp sim on the market.

• Fretwired said:
    Mixed. :)

Pull your finger out .. I like listening to your stuff .. :-)

How do you find T-Racks? IKM keep sending me special offers to buy into the T-Racks tech. I use Amplitube which I think is the best amp sim on the market.
    Remember, all my software is archaic (WinXP) so it's T-Racks 24 that I've got. It sounds kind of ok (but not up to modern processing plugins) when used for guitar-based tunes, less so I think for electronic based tunes (I've got a mate who's done a lot of D'n'B and Techno on his old XP machine and found waves plugins better).

What I like about it is that it's simple to use and I that I'm familiar with it (...oh, and that it works with WinXP!). I basically use the multiband limiter and the eq section (subtly) to 'bigify' the track and knit it together a bit more. The crossover frequencies for the multi(ie three)band limiter are preset (apparantly you can delve into the code to change the frequencies - there are instructions in the manual - but I'm too mmuch of a Luddite for that) and seem to be well judged for guitar-based music. It has the 'valve emulation' gubbins but I tend to find it works best for me keeping it as clean and high-headroom as possible.

I have no idea how good the modern versions are but they seem to do a lot of 'official' emulations.

I use Amplitube (the free bit) on my bass tracks. It takes about 50% of my processor off the bat so, once I've got the basic structure of the track fleshed out and the bass sound sorted, I 'print' the bass down to audio and switch off Amplitube. Otherwise, once I get to mixing the track with all the channel compressors, reverbs, etc going, my machine starts to complain.

They did a freebie points thing a while ago and I thought I'd get the SVT model for it. Unfortunately, I couldn't work out how to do it when my Amplitube was installed on an offline machine - and IK MUltimedia support weren't much help!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Finger pull out. Entry emailed.
    :bz
  • Entry closes tonight people 
    Old Is Gold
  • Entry closed 
    Old Is Gold