Free the tone - ambi space

What's Hot
TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
Anyone got thier hands on one yet? I thought the demos sound superb.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Does sound nice. That guy with the Britney mic in vid two isn't my favourite. 
  • no trails *sigh*
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • What colour cables should you use with it? ;) 

Sounds nice, but no trails? Not even as an option? That doesn't make sense. If that much work went into it, surely they could have come up with a half decent buffer and switch system to give you the choice... 

On a side note, I do like how this pedal looks - makes me think of the older TC ones. Very clear and easy to know what's going on (unlike my digitech polara, with it's stupid paint job and invisible knobs).

Sounds nice, but no trails? Not even as an option? That doesn't make sense. If that much work went into it, surely they could have come up with a half decent buffer and switch system to give you the choice... 

On a side note, I do like how this pedal looks - makes me think of the older TC ones. Very clear and easy to know what's going on (unlike my digitech polara, with it's stupid paint job and invisible knobs).
    Yup - no trails, not between patches and not on a stop. No option. So they fixed the issue they had with the flight time not working well in a loop with a nice selector switch on the side, but took away trails.

I just don't get why any one would build a reverb or delay pedal without a trails option. It automatically makes it awkward for anyone who is doing soundscapes and sonic texture :(

Yup - no trails, not between patches and not on a stop. No option. So they fixed the issue they had with the flight time not working well in a loop with a nice selector switch on the side, but took away trails.

I just don't get why any one would build a reverb or delay pedal without a trails option. It automatically makes it awkward for anyone who is doing soundscapes and sonic texture :(

Step 1: marketing bullshit 
    Step 2: dollars
    Step three: minor update to fix quibbles - v2
    Step 4: dollars! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    I thought it looked interesting until I read this review comment on TGP (http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/23020266/ ). If it's true, it's a potential deal-breaker...

"This brings me to my main gripe with this pedal. On a pedal such as the Strymon BigSky, if you are playing on a preset but you think to yourself "this sounds good, but I just want to dial the mix down just a tad", you can simply reach down, reset the mix knob setting by turning it to where you want and then you can resave the patch, done. On the Ambi Space however, if you have a preset saved and you wish to change just one thing, say the mix level, you are unable to do that. In preset mode the knobs do nothing, they don't affect the sound at all. The crazy thing is, if you want to change a preset you have to switch back to manual mode and then recreate the sound you want FROM SCRATCH, and then overwrite the old sound when you're done. I'm not a fan, it makes tweaking your presets essentially impossible, they are set in stone once saved and CANNOT be tweaked on a gig. This is the biggest weakness of the pedal in it's current form, hopefully this can be updated with firmware at some point."
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • Oh good grief. That is rubbish.

It's not hard

Preset mode: Recall Preset - knobs adjust it - save to be able to recall changes or recall preset again to get original sound..

Actually it seems to me they don't need manual vs preset mode at all?

• And the answer is "Eventide Space"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Yes, probably.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    I'm saving up for one.
    Getting closer now, should have it in January sometime and i'm *really* looking forward to it.
  • Alnico said:
    I'm saving up for one.
    Getting closer now, should have it in January sometime and i'm *really* looking forward to it.
    The are really expensive in the UK - 459 GBP in andirons. My local store is 389 vhf which is 305 GBP. That's a massive difference. Same thing with the flight time, but not individual pedals. Very odd.

Would really advise to get on 30 day return, I reckon the preset thing would drive me nuts.
    Alnico said:
    I'm saving up for one.
    The are really expensive in the UK - 459 GBP in andirons. My local store is 389 vhf which is 305 GBP. That's a massive difference. Same thing with the flight time, but not individual pedals. Very odd.

Would really advise to get on 30 day return, I reckon the preset thing would drive me nuts.
    What about the preset thing?
    Toggling through to get to the one you want?

I'm ok with the price, everything costs more now anyway.
    I honestly can't find anything i don't like about it.

Doesn't midi switching allow direct access to a preset?
    ( He said,. as if he knew the first thing about Midi !)
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    edited December 2016
    @Alnico see @Gadget's post above.
    In preset mode you cannot make any alterations to the sound. AND there is no spill over.
    Ah sorry i just read the whole thread.
    My Bad i get it now.

Ok yeah i can see that being a bit difficult at times but if i had a preset that wasn't quite right and i was playing live, i wouldn't bother changing anything. I like to think i would have it ready first time but yes i acknowledge that isn't always the case.

Still doesn't stop me wanting or getting one but it's a valid point, it's not great disabling all the dials in preset mode and forcing a complete overwrite.
  • Alnico said:
    Ah sorry i just read the whole thread.
    My Bad i get it now.

Ok yeah i can see that being a bit difficult at times but if i had a preset that wasn't quite right and i was playing live, i wouldn't bother changing anything. I like to think i would have it ready first time but yes i acknowledge that isn't always the case.

Still doesn't stop me wanting or getting one but it's a valid point, it's not great disabling all the dials in preset mode and forcing a complete overwrite.
    on the plus side. It sounds really, really good (which is perhaps the more important part - everything else is get roundable) I'm still very tempted to get one too. Just need to get over my hissy fit first.
    Patrick,

It's a big spend in any country but i know i'm getting one.
    If you haven't had one to try by the time we get to March, you can borrow mine for a month.
    Let me have some time to really explore it and then while i'm then busy exploring the Tri-Avatar (next on the list after Ambi Space), you can borrow that and see how you get on with it.

It's what, about £10 to post between us?
    Yes, probably.
    I concur with Mr List.
  • Alnico said:
    Patrick,

If you haven't had one to try by the time we get to March, you can borrow mine for a month.
    Let me have some time to really explore it and then while i'm then busy exploring the Tri-Avatar (next on the list after Ambi Space), you can borrow that and see how you get on with it.

Very kind offer and if I was in the uk I'd take you up on it. Think being international with import tax risk makes it a no go.

Just make sure you let us know how you get on with it!
    It absolutely is. My twatting around with reverbs has been halted by this beast.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Alnico said:
    Patrick,

Very kind offer and if I was in the uk I'd take you up on it. Think being international with import tax risk makes it a no go.

Just make sure you let us know how you get on with it!
    I will post a review when i eventually get it. Roughly six weeks from now.