Pedal Storage

What's Hot
robwrightrobwright Frets: 736
I'm trying to orgnise my pedal collection and need a storage solution that doesn't take up a big footprint but isn't just pedals stuck in boxes (my current solution!). George Clarke would have a solution involving a £20k Airstream caravan and a hydraulic winch, but that is beyond my budget!

What do you guys do out there in GAS-land?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    edited January 2014
    Before I went Axe FX and sold off my pedal collection I used to keep pedals in an Ikea bookshelf that I bought extra shelves for.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • d8md8m Frets: 2431
    edited January 2014
    Anything not in my chain is boxed up(I always keep pedal boxes) on a special shelf.

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    d8m said:
    Anything not in my chain is boxed up(I always keep pedal boxes) on a special shelf.

This. Although my shelf isn't that special, it's got other "misc" items on there (e.g. the pump for a birth pool).
  • Ummm....exactly how many pedals do you have such that they require a dedicated storage solution?
    <space for hire>
  • dean2371dean2371 Frets: 139
    how many pedals are we talking about Rob?
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773

Flat ones are a tenner each from staples. Big one at the top was about £12 I think.
    2reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    Big +1 to @juansolo, I seem to organise my life in these boxes  (you know what I mean)

Great idea, they stack for transport & storage, keeps the rain out, bit of bubblewrap or cloth inside and things don't get dented etc when moving, you can even colour code them, tough as old boots too, whats not to like.

or from Staples, Rymans, and loads of other places.

• I vac-pac mine at work and then freeze them to retain that precious mojo. 

Failing that, convert them all to digital and keep them on a cloud server. 

Or just keep them in a CD tower like I do :D

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    not_the_dj;138694" said:
    d8m said:

This. Although my shelf isn't that special, it's got other "misc" items on there (e.g. the pump for a birth pool).
    Good man, water births rock. Our birth pool stuff is safely stowed in the garage though, used it twice in the last two years so need a break!

Oh, yeah, pedals... afraid mine are just on a shelf under my little studio rack so I can bigger about with them at home. Not many left though, the unused ones have pretty much all been sold to fund other stuff.

• I keep mine in the divan drawers in my bed, out of sight but never far away!
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    i sell them...I'm quite brutal with pedals i don't use.

I believe in sharing in the community and not hoarding...just my personal opinion
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 736
    All valid solutions! I've got about 100 (since finding musicradar and now thefretboard) and they take up a lot of space. I want them accessible but  with a small footprint (like my ideal woman!).

And smazadgan, you're right - no-one needs that many, I am a hoarder and its the fault of everybody out there, tempting me with these little metal boxes of dreams (to paraphrase Bill Bailey)!!!!

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26748
    I've got a big old set of Ikea "Expedit" shelves, 2 of which are covered in pedals :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Mine are all on pedal boards or music stands or in the repair box in the garage ...
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    I have this big thing I call the floor... mine go on that...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    All valid solutions! I've got about 100 (since finding musicradar and now thefretboard) and they take up a lot of space. I want them accessible but  with a small footprint (like my ideal woman!).

And smazadgan, you're right - no-one needs that many, I am a hoarder and its the fault of everybody out there, tempting me with these little metal boxes of dreams (to paraphrase Bill Bailey)!!!!
    Absolutely right. There's over a hundred in those boxes too. Mainly they're there for people to try and see what they like (hence the easy storage/transportation solution). Personally I think I could thin it down to around 20, or if I was really brutal, 2 ;)  But some of them are just so cool, you get them out occasionally and fall in love with them again.
    And Juansolo is the winner! Best solution, coolest attitude and he has helped me understand my addiction!

Anyone got any pedals for sale.....????

Found these on fleabay

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2324
    juansolo said:

Flat ones are a tenner each from staples. Big one at the top was about £12 I think.
    That's a good idea. Currently I'm using a combination of "on the floor" and "in their boxes". :))