Boss Pedal Switch

What's Hot
ZenOvertoneZenOvertone Frets: 233
Anyone know where I can get a replacement Boss soft on/off switch for a compact pedal (OD-3 drive) in the UK at all?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    Try Roland directly. I've managed to get all sorts of obscure parts from them in the past and they've always been really helpful.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    You actually broken one? Blimey, chill out thunder foot 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1265
    edited December 2016
    They can be cleaned if you're up for it ...

http://www.dingotone.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Boss-Switch-Clean.pdf

(There's a link to Small Bear in the US for a replacement switch at the end of the article if you don't fancy the cleaning job)

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72301
    If you don't mind a second hand one I should have a couple, PM me your address.

They break so rarely I have more dead Boss pedals with them in (itself extremely rare) than I need switches. From memory I have only had to change three in thirty years of repair work.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I've heard that if you rotate the switch 180 degrees it can bring them back to life.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • I'm looking for a switch for a DD-5. Does anyone have one I can buy off them? Cheers!
  • A broken Boss footswitch fuckin hell!!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72301
    bennyg85 said:
    I'm looking for a switch for a DD-5. Does anyone have one I can buy off them? Cheers!
    I should have one. It will be used, but should work fine. PM me with your address.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    From the useless facts thread: "The elephant is the only mammal that can break a Boss footswitch"

Who'd of thunk it? You been gigging down the local zoo?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom