Acoustic pickup.

I have an old seagull enterage grand rustic guitar. There frankly amazing little guitars and sounds just as good as a expensive Taylor a friend has. The only draw back is it's pickup. It's a fairly cheep and cheerful godin system that's fine for school shows or small gigs but doesn't hold up for pro gigs. Anyone got any idea on what's good right now? I'm a session and show (pit) player so need one that can cope with anything. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LewyLewy Frets: 4170
    Would you not tend to mic for sessions?

The pickups that I see most used in a pro setting are the K&K pure mini and the LR Baggs Anthem
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72255
    K&K Pure Mini with an offboard preamp (eg Baggs Para DI) if necessary.

Or stick an old SM58 in front of it :).

That isn't a joke, one of the most shocking revelations about live acoustic guitar tone I've ever heard came from exactly that combination ;).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Lewy said:
    Would you not tend to mic for sessions?

The pickups that I see most used in a pro setting are the K&K pure mini and the LR Baggs Anthem
    I do normally mic, I agree on sm58s. It's more for pit gigs I need a pick up, I can't always use a mic if I'm playing near acoustic instruments like horns for instance. Plus stage gigs sometimes you have to use them, not ideal but needs must. Especially if you've got a pain in the backside sound tech who wants to use a pick up because he can't possibly control a guitar mic, that's far to much effort apparently. Well thanks guys, very helpful I'll look in to your suggestions.