Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What Pedal "blew you away" this year?

What's Hot

Comments

• Last pedal that really blew me away is still the CT5.

Ordered it in Nov 2015, got it delivered in Jan or Feb 16, still loving it. It's the little blue box that just keeps on giving.

Honourable mention to the Meteore (although I refuse to pronounce it May-tay-or) and the Boss Slicer.
    I've had the Slicer in mind for a while: does it arpeggiate?
    No. It's very fun though - especially on synths
    It is superfun.  My favourite at the moment is to dial in loads of clicky attack and then use one of the tremolo patterns to create nutty sounding beats. Once you've got a good rhythm going you can sample the effected sound and loop it- pseudo drum machine, yay! I've been playing Psycho Killer a lot  (the way he plays it on Stop Making Sense) and the Slicer just makes it. Definitely found my tremolo;)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VJIves said:
    Last pedal that really blew me away is still the CT5.

Ordered it in Nov 2015, got it delivered in Jan or Feb 16, still loving it. It's the little blue box that just keeps on giving.

Honourable mention to the Meteore (although I refuse to pronounce it May-tay-or) and the Boss Slicer.
    This is mine too, it never stops being awesome. 
    It's so good i sometimes get blue pedal anxiety when i try to imagine what i'd do if it ever broke. Im going to have to buy a second one, just so I never have to be without one in life. Ever.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    edited December 2016
    Danelectro FAB Echo. Hadn't used it for a while and forgotten how great it was. A little better than a one-trick pony (it does reverb and delay). Especially great when you have no reverb on my amps.
  • FezFez Frets: 522
    ThorpyFX Fallout cloud just awsome.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6129
    tFB Trader
    Parking the stuff I make to one side...... ;) 

I have been blown away by couple of things this year. The first is a BOSS DM2-Waza. I found this to be a singularly inspiring and musical delay. Honestly great value for money and in custom mode sounds so sweet!

the other pedal that blew me away was the origin effects Sliderig compact deluxe, compression as an effect, this was a first for me and definetly a fun effect to play with. 

Finally I managed to play three vintage electric mistresses back to back and an original rangemaster too. All blew my mind with their individual and inspiring sounds, but these are unontamium so probably don't count. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • Started and finished the year with a bad cat Siamese drive on my board. Just a great gigging  pedal
  • ThorpyFX said:

the other pedal that blew me away was the origin effects Sliderig compact deluxe, compression as an effect, this was a first for me and definetly a fun effect to play with. 
    Great pedal indeed! Exceptional taste!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • MJM silicon London Fuzz. I should never have sold it.  

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2896
    I don't know if I'd say it blew me away but I've just put together an LPB1 clone from fuzz dogs and it's near enough the perfect overdrive pedal I was looking for. It's really good for stoner rock - adds low end and a fullness that I can't get from a tubescreamer, without the compressed sound as well. Slightly fuzzy on lower notes but that works for the sound I'm going for.
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    I can think of a few, a boss ph1r. I honestly thought all boss pedals were the same, sterile and kind of cold sounding.

Apart from that one
    • Wampler Ecstasy Drive, again the only other overdrives i'd used were Boss and EHX
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • TC Electronic Sub'n'Up ...when used in conjunction with my ZVex Fat Fuzz Factory feeding a secondary (bass) amp...! Sweet Jesus I've had some neighbour-melting fun this year!
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Boss Metal Zone. I was so impressed I bought seven..

https://s23.postimg.org/baqahgykb/IMG_0051.jpg
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    Boss RT-20 - I know I'm late to the party on that but hey...

I blow hot and cold on the Catalinbread Echorec and Belle Epoch - both blew me away when I first got them but are currently back in their boxes... I may give them another try at the weekend.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• GassageGassage Frets: 30888
    Hmmm....

Top of list is the distortion unit in the Benado Multi FX I'm selling- I've ordered one as a stand alone.

Other things- my rack vibe.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2896
    LPB1 clone did actually make me think wow tonight at practice. Surprisingly it works much better as a lead boost in front of the amp than a tubescreamer does which is weird since it doesn't have as much of a mid boost and actually sounds a bit scooped in comparison. But I could hear my leads much clearer than the TS and sounded much fatter too, very pleased!
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    frank1985 said:
    Boss Metal Zone. I was so impressed I bought seven..

https://s23.postimg.org/baqahgykb/IMG_0051.jpg

Not sure why you'd need a tuner with that lot.
    I also feel just the one DS-1 would be sufficient.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7846
    I played into a Gibson GA15 through a Mad Professor Golden Cello.  That was tremendous fun.

Both are on my shopping list now.  

I'm easily pleased :)
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    'Blew me away' is maybe a little OTT, but very pleased with the EHX Pitchfork, great for doubling up parts live. Also should give a mention to the Joyo Sweet Honey, great sounding pedal.
  • Boss blues driver, I'd avoided them after having an SD1 for a while that sounded like wasps in a jar. Its actually pretty Awesome. EQD terminal both vicious and flexible.
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2219
    edited December 2016
    I have to mention the Friedman BE-OD as well. Punishing amount of gain available, sounds enormous. Brilliant.