For B I G Amp owners - ONLY!

57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7338
edited January 2014 in Amps
I fancy one of these for when needing to manoevre my Super Reverb about... Any other more compact options??

Be quick if you want one of these from Lids...

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Comments

• bertiebertie Frets: 13568
    edited January 2014
    good luck with that,  last time we got one similar,  it collapsed going over a small door-threshold with just a peavey XT-112

Those cheap ones usually only manage their stated pay-load,  on a billard table smooth surface
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GIJoeGIJoe Frets: 213
    Some castors or a piece of ply with castors on...I use a flightcase so sometimes when I don't bring the lid I just have a wheeled 'trolley' for my amp.

"Nobody is really researching robot jokes"

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3586
    I have one of those listed things and apart from having to do up the screws every now and then it has served me well for many years. Light and foldable so handy in the boot. I have moved dishwashers, boxes, my amps and cabs plus anything else I don't want to carry far.

If it finally broke tomorrow I would definately get another.

Pulling over rough terrain rather than pushing is better for you and the trolly. ;-)

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7338
    Oh hang 0n  - Is a more compactable jobbie on ebay right now for same price and is same as the one on the Musician's Friend webbie...

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    good luck with that,  last time we got one similar,  it collapsed going over a small door-threshold with just a peavey XT-112

Those cheap ones usually only manage their stated pay-load,  on a billard table smooth surface

aye

I had one from Maplin, cost £40 iirc. It disintergrated on its maiden voyage.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• I've got a Magna Cart, it gets used to transport flightcased amp heads to minimise the amount of lifting and carrying done.  I'm not sure I trust it with my 4x12s, it didn't feel especially sturdy the one time I used it to cart over rough ground but it managed none the less.  Amp castors tend to be fairly pants over any rough surfaces IME, they're usually too small.  I guess a higher rated folding cart might be a good idea one day.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7338
    edited January 2014
    The biggest killer to any amp is moving it! Rumbling on castors over undulating hard ground transfers - and amplifies - shock up to the head and buggers the electrics! So you need BIG wheels* ideally... 

*(#keep on turning...#)

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

I hand a foldaway one from Costco or Makro, it bent under load.

I now have a big strong Yellow, tubular steel one,

Having said that, to move amps and cab around the house, I use furniture moving castors: I got a set of these for £10 or so from Lidl:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Furniture-Lifting-Rolling-Corners-Trolley/dp/B004TLVR12

• I had one of the Maplin ones, and it was too flimsy for an Orange head and cab..
  • I used to use a fishing trolley. It was aluminium and had nice big, inflatable wheels. Secured the lot in with bungee cords (like, 6 of them).

Sadly, it had its last voyage being the beer trolley at download 2013, when a wheel fell off after several years of beer and amp abuse.
  • I've read so many reviews of these kind of trolleys in which either the bearings fail (if they've got any) or the plastic wheels just disintegrate with 40% of the stated max load on. IMO far better to pay more for something with proper steel wheels and proper bearings.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    I got a quite sturdy one from Homebase a few years back before they cheapened them down, its good but I dont reckon it will be happy with too heavy a weight.

One thing you do need to be wary of. Some of the fold down mechanisms have a little toothed gear thing at the base of the uprights and on some these project into the cab area on the footplate. They will dig inot the cab and rip the tolex far too easily so  do not buy one unseen.