Had a proper Spinal Tap moment at Friday night's gig...

What's Hot
FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2377
Playing a birthday gig for my drummer's 50th, and I use a Relay G70 wireless unit. Never had any issues before - but this time, for whatever reason, I keep getting taxi radio interference!

Got to the point where it was really really obvious as well, and a channel scan didn't correct it. Very annoying; I just hope that, in return, they got an earful of cranked Les Paul on their end.

Anyone ever encountered this before?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• richhrichh Frets: 449
    If your system is operating on the old channel 69 / 70 then you may have more and more of this problem, as frequency allocations have changed.  In short: older systems are likely to be less reliable and more prone to interference.  If you got it recently maybe worth checking with whoever you got it from.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2377
    richh said:
    If your system is operating on the old channel 69 / 70 then you may have more and more of this problem, as frequency allocations have changed.  In short: older systems are likely to be less reliable and more prone to interference.  If you got it recently maybe worth checking with whoever you got it from.
    You mean the receiver's channel? The G70 only goes up to about 16 I think from memory. Got the system about a year and a half ago.
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    You shouldn't get radio interference on a digital wireless unit
    The only time I've seen that happen is via an Induction loop (for hearing aids) which hadn't been switched off
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2377
    Cabicular said:
    The only time I've seen that happen is via an Induction loop (for hearing aids) which hadn't been switched off
    In that case, I have no idea what was causing it. I was running from the G70 into the Line 6 Helix, and then out to a QSC K10 powered speaker.
  • FarleyUK said:
    Cabicular said:
    In that case, I have no idea what was causing it. I was running from the G70 into the Line 6 Helix, and then out to a QSC K10 powered speaker.
    My guess possibly a lead problem and the venue being near the taxi transmitter
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • Had it years ago on a radio mic receiver. We were sat down having a quiet few minutes before going on and a Taxi that was outside came over the PA at tremendous volume.
    Learned to mute the PA that day.