reverb pedals....

What's Hot
ChrisCox1994ChrisCox1994 Frets: 368
I think its time i upgraded from my Hall of Fame, I ideally want something with a shimmer. 

Whats people's thoughts on:

Digitech Polara

MXR Reverb

BOSS RV6

Don't really have the budget for a Bluesky/Bigsky, H9 or any of the Nuenaber stuff an Ideally want something "regular pedal" size.

Cheers. 
https://www.gbmusic.co.uk/

PA Hire and Event Management
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MXR looks excellent I think
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The Neunaber stuff goes up around here 2nd hand at same price of those. IMO the best of the regular size pedals.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • The MXR is fantastic. Definitely my favourite of the three. Highly recommended.
  • Isn't the MXR almost as much as the Neunaber? It's significantly more expensive than the Boss or the Digitech brand new...

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72256
    Whichever one doesn't have an annoying and unreliable metal click switch in a flat pedal box so you can knock the knobs...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    edited December 2016
    I have a Polara for sale in the classifieds. It's a good pedal but I'm going with strymon flint.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    I've tried a fair few of the compact sized reverbs, I actually found the TC ones the least good.  The Neunabers are very good but possibly a bit subtle, the RV-6 sounded a bit too processed for my tastes. I have actually gone back to a Hardwire Supernatural now.  It's a shame they are now discontinued.
  • Isn't the hardwire pretty similar to the polara?
  • I bought a Polara in the black Friday nonsense and it is perfectly acceptable
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • I have a Polara for sale in the classifieds. It's a good pedal but I'm going with strymon flint.
    Pm me dude. Cash waiting 
    https://www.gbmusic.co.uk/

PA Hire and Event Management
  • Isn't the hardwire pretty similar to the polara?

---Yes and No.

The Polara and the non-Supernatural Hardwire are certainly very close. 

For the Supernatural and the Polara, some of the modes are the same (or at least the same algorithm, tweaked very slightly) so the plate and spring modes are pretty much the same. Beyond that the modes are different across the two. I've had both in the last few months and prefer the Polara - it does "normal" verbs really well and the Supernatural does the, erm, supernatural ones really well. 

My only complaint about the Polara is that reverse reverb has no place on it and I'd gladly swap it for the modulated plate on the Supernatural. 
  • I have a Polara for sale in the classifieds. It's a good pedal but I'm going with strymon flint.
    Pm me dude. Cash waiting 
    PM'd
  • RV-7 is very similar to the Polara and sounds fantastic. I preferred it to the Flint. 
  • jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 753
    edited December 2016
    Isn't the hardwire pretty similar to the polara?

---Yes and No.

The Polara and the non-Supernatural Hardwire are certainly very close. 

For the Supernatural and the Polara, some of the modes are the same (or at least the same algorithm, tweaked very slightly) so the plate and spring modes are pretty much the same. Beyond that the modes are different across the two. I've had both in the last few months and prefer the Polara - it does "normal" verbs really well and the Supernatural does the, erm, supernatural ones really well. 

My only complaint about the Polara is that reverse reverb has no place on it and I'd gladly swap it for the modulated plate on the Supernatural. 
    I bloody love the reverse!! I use it for auto swells into my El Capistan. Nothing sounds like it!

Edit: https://ookandtheelephant.bandcamp.com/

check out the intros to 'Oh Celia' and 'Gaps' for the reverse verb...
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17589
    tFB Trader
    I didn't really like the Neunaber all that much I prefered the Polara which seemed virtually identical to the hardwire when I owned both.

The Flint was my favorite, but is silly expensive.

I might try and RV6 next time.
  • The Flint was my favorite, but is silly expensive.
    Is it though? I know it clearly isn't the cheapest but you essentially get two different effects each with three very different preset sounds. Maybe brand new they are pricey but at around 200 2nd hand I don't see that as crazy expensive for all those sounds. 

Ill add im probably the biggest fan-boy ever of the flint though! :-/
    How very rock and roll
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1507
    Another option is to get a Zoom MS70CDR. The reverbs are amazing on it. I bloody LOVE the Space Hole verb.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4526
    edited December 2016
    @Dopesick ha!I'm messing with the space hole for the first time tonight, putting a little tape echo after it too
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1507
    Yeah I'm running it through a delay as well. I was going to get rid of my Zoom yesterday because I thought I didn't have much use for it, but I had a little think and decided to keep it for the brain altering reverbs (and some of the delays) alone. At £60 s/h it's cheaper than 99% of reverb pedals of the same quality.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4526
    It's a brilliant machine