Oil City 5th Birthday sale and celebration.

What's Hot
OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10343
Yep, my first commercially available pickup rolled out of 'Oily Towers' five years ago this Christmas! 
The first thing I'm going to do is a Christmas/New Year sale with 20% off on all Standard range pickups. The deal will be 'order by the 24th of December, for dispatch in the first week of February. These will be all made for you ... so you will be able to request modifications to suit :-) 

The next bit of the celebration will be to reissue my first pickup type sold, the Triple blues in a special 5th Anniversary edition. These will be hand wound by me to exactly the same spec as our first Triple Blues set, and bear the old 'Red Sunset' label I first used. Each will be engraved 'Masterwound 5th Anniversary' and be limited to a serial numbered 10 sets. 

A further five sets of Wapping Wharf/HonkyTonk Angel pickup sets (as reviewed and awarded highly recommended by Guitar and Bass Magazine) will be made and serial numbered too ... also marked Masterwound and '5th Anniversary'.

Details to follow about pricing and how to get your paws on either set will follow shortly.

Thank you for all the help over the last five years, I look forward to making lots more pickups for you guys :-)
Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Congrats on 5 years! Your pickups transformed my strat. Loving it still :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Congrats! I might well be up for a set of those Triple Blues.

Are you still planning on producing some some single coil sized rail 'buckers? 
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10343
    tFB Trader
    FRockStar said:
    Congrats! I might well be up for a set of those Triple Blues.

Are you still planning on producing some some single coil sized rail 'buckers? 
    I am indeed, and I do produce them at the moment to special order.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• metalemetale Frets: 57
    Congrats for the 5 years, looking foward for the next 10.

I may be up for something.

Cheers
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2477
    Does this mean my "original" Triple Blues are now "vintage"?
    <starts looking at 59 Bursts for sale>

Congrats on the anniversary, let's hope it's the first of many.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2016 tFB Trader
    FX_Munkee said:
    Does this mean my "original" Triple Blues are now "vintage"?
    <starts looking at 59 Bursts for sale>

Congrats on the anniversary, let's hope it's the first of many.
    According to some e bay sellers!
    In reality there are around 20 sets of my original Red Label Triple blues in circulation ... and my business partner Tim has the first set serial numbered '1' 
    They were all non staggered If I remember correctly, with black flatwork and push-back hookup wire.
    The standard Triple Blues these days is gray flatwork and staggered. 

tFB Trader
    Forgot to mention, the sale starts tomorrow ... the 15th :-)

• armitaanarmitaan Frets: 378
    Have you got a price for the anniversary triple blues? I could well be up for those as well as a humbucker set plus an extra single humbucker. Cheers ant
  • I need more Wapping Wharf pickups :-)
    edited December 2016 tFB Trader
    The price on The Anniversary Triple Blues Will be £150 a set, but you will get a lot for your money
    Pics of the first set soon ...

• frictionfractionfrictionfraction Frets: 402
    edited December 2016
    Congratulations and best wishes.  Really happy with my various sets and got some nightfighters on the way 
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    How do I order to take advantage of the sale prices?

Congrats on reaching 5 years!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

tFB Trader
    paulnb57 said:
    How do I order to take advantage of the sale prices?

Congrats on reaching 5 years!
    PM me with what you want, and I'll send you a paypal invoice ... simples.

• Can we order the Triple Blues anniversary editions already too? 
    tFB Trader

Can we order the Triple Blues anniversary editions already too? 
    I plan to do a feature and open orders in the next week or so for the Triple Blues. 

• Only paying 80% of normal on what I'd like is still a LOT of money! I guess I'll have to restrict myself to what I "need".  ;)
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1206
    edited December 2016
    Many happy returns...

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Basher said:
    Many happy returns...

Awwww thanks dude!

• drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 913
    PM'd you.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6129
    tFB Trader
    Happy birthday Ash!
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com