Concentric pot recommendations...

What's Hot
I'm going to fit a couple in my new Tele, but it's not a job I've done before and I'd like to hear some recommendations from you, as the price seems to vary wildly from manufacturer to manufacturer.

Has anyone here done this mod? Any pointers for decent components?

Many thanks.
Not much of the gear, even less idea.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SeshSesh Frets: 1841
    edited December 2016
    I put some 500k concentric pots on my t-style, whist changing the pick ups to humbuckers and reversing the plate. Can't say I was impressed, and the taller knob not gets in the way sometimes. I'm tempted to remove the concentrics when I re-mod it.
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • I used the "Alpha Concentric Solid Shaft Alpha Pot" from Axesrus in my most recent build. It's advertised as a log pot, but it's quite clearly linear (unless I've screwed up the wiring). At 1 out of 10 the volume is more or less full. Tone is also rather one dimensional.

• Still not got round to doing this yet, so a quick cheeky bump for some further input...?

Anyone?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72315
    Concentric pot recommendation: avoid concentric pots.

You did ask :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Wise, as ever...  =)