EHX Qtron and heavily modulated delay - just discovered a cool use for it.

ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7484
edited January 2014 in FX
So I occasionally record stuff on my phone - it's shite quality, and you can hear guitar strings because the amp can't be loud to avoid clipping.

I call these 'idea boards'. 

Anyway, I just made a quick one and used my google account for soundcloud - never knew you could do that!

So, the first 30 seconds is basically typical use of an envelope filter - it's got a compressor on immediately after into the clean channel of the bandit.  The comp just means that the dynamics controls ONLY the effect, not the level of the signal (which is maintained by the compressor).  I normally use hardly any compressor, today, I maxed it out.  :D 

Just a note, it's all on the 'hi' frequency setting.  I normally use the 'lo' setting for the style of riff shown at the start (choppy chords and stuff).

The rest, I maxed the input gain on the Q-Tron and used the volume pot.  The delay is a nova repeater with full chorus mod.  

From 1.15, I have reversed the sweep of the q-tron.  

Excuse the bad playing - it's an idea board, so its just there as a reminder of stuff to do, and it's really just there for the fadey stuff as I'm normally okay at choppy stuff.  Also, bad sound quality and you can hear strings.  :( :( :(

Any thoughts?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I'd prefer the fades without the delay to be honest, plonk a tonne of reverb at the end of the chain and you've got instant Sci-fi soundtrack.
  • I keep forgetting I have a reverb on the amp.

I'll be sure to try it later, thanks! Truth be told, I've no idea what to play, but diminished and minor chords give a very spacey sound. Quite cool!
  • I'd love to hear what you make of it, pop another recording up if you get a chance.

I wonder what it would sound like with a slide?
  • Shark_Eyes;142569" said:
    I'd love to hear what you make of it, pop another recording up if you get a chance.

I wonder what it would sound like with a slide?
    I'll give it a go! I'll see if I can make something usable from it first, though. With full spring verb and ambient delay, it sounds really cool but again, not sure about usage other than Sci fi soundscapes.