Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Jamiroquai

What's Hot

Comments

• ICBM said:
    Do they have more than one album? Or for that matter, more than one song?
    Of course they do, they have about 6 versions of each song.

I do like them though :)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24287
    edited December 2016
    One of their big hits, played and sung to an incredible level - live - (same gig as cruxiform's clip);  Mind blowing....

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    I've got a couple of bass playing dep gigs coming up that have a couple of jamiroquai songs - masssive list of tunes to learn tomorrow but they will be more fun than most of the set.   
  • See for me when I think Jamiroquai live, I'm still feeling more stuff like this. Might not be as tightly scripted, the first couple of mins is more a jam format, but the chops are all there & it feels more exciting knowing that despite being a large format group there's flexibility to go in any direction:
    https://youtu.be/VUNRT3I13-Q

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    I'm a fan.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Our kid used to sell him herb on Caladonian Road many moons ago. 

Cool guy guy with lots of talent. Just the sort of guy I hate !!  ;)
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33791
    Huge fan.
    I reckon Black Capricorn Day is one of the best songs of the late 90's/early 00's.

I can see why some people don't like them though- Stevie Wonder is better and they are ripping him off at times.
    I don't think that is a bad thing... at all.
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1942
    Let's be honest, JK has got fuck all going for him, apart from being minted, having a great collection of cars, string of great looking girlfriends, being good looking himself, having a pile of great songs behind him and being a great performer and singer.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1378
    Lodious said:
    Let's be honest, JK has got fuck all going for him, apart from being minted, having a great collection of cars, string of great looking girlfriends, being good looking himself, having a pile of great songs behind him and being a great performer and singer.
    But other than that, sod all. His backing bands aren't bad I s'pose....
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 746
    edited January 2017
    Lodious said:
    What have the Romans ever done for us?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExWfh6sGyso

____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
    Black Devil Car is on my list too;

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7333
    'Jamie Roquai' as Steve Wright in the Afternoon used to call him... cracked me up...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Shit music, great taste in football teams. 

;)
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Can't stand him or his music. Pretentious, jumped up little twat.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2017
    1. You don't know him.  2. You sound like you're a wee bit jealous and are interpreting confidence and stage presence for pretentiousness and jumped-up-twattishness.  Feel free to dislike his music, but ad-hominems about someone you don't actually know ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3392
    I saw him recently. He parked his vintage Ferrari 365gtc4 on a double yellow and ambled off nonchalantly down the street.

The car was beautiful and immaculate. There's no doubting he is a man of great taste.

Emp_Fab said:
    1. You don't know him.  2. You sound like you're a wee bit jealous and are interpreting confidence and stage presence for pretentiousness and jumped-up-twattishness.  Feel free to dislike his music, but ad-hominems about someone you don't actually know ?
    1. You don't know me either.

2. I'm not jealous.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    Emp_Fab said:
    ad-hominems
    My guess is that this is the only time that has been said on the forum. Very well done!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72298
    NelsonP said:
    I saw him recently. He parked his vintage Ferrari 365gtc4 on a double yellow and ambled off nonchalantly down the street.

The car was beautiful and immaculate. There's no doubting he is a man of great taste.
    And an anti-social dickhead for just parking where he feels like it. Double yellows mean that stopping there is an obstruction.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    ICBM said:
    NelsonP said:

And an anti-social dickhead for just parking where he feels like it. Double yellows mean that stopping there is an obstruction.
    Thanks for pointing that out ICBM . That's the sort of behaviour I was referring to, nothing to do with confidence.

Have a wisdom.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom