Today, I have mostly been listening to ...

What's Hot

Comments

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3853
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • d8md8m Frets: 2431

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4028
    Moby's "Innocents" album kind of passed me by until the other week.  It's beautiful.

I've been playing this track a lot:

Moby, "Almost Home"

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71963
    edited November 2015
    The first Evanescence album. :) 
    The first one, or Fallen? ;)

(OK technically it's called an EP, but with seven tracks and at just over 30 mins I would say it's more of an album.)

There's Origin, too. I've just been listening to this as well, it's interesting to compare the versions of the songs that later appeared on Fallen. I also prefer the version of Imaginary that's on the first EP.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• ICBM;867463" said:
    Octahedron said:

(OK technically it's called an EP, but with seven tracks and at just over 30 mins I would say it's more of an album.)

There's Origin, too. I've just been listening to this as well, it's interesting to compare the versions of the songs that later appeared on Fallen. I also prefer the version of Imaginary that's on the first EP.
    Fallen ;)

But I know what you mean. :p

Bands don't tend to do this much any more do they?
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
    Bands don't tend to do this much any more do they?
    Not much, no.

Fallen is a masterpiece but it's also almost too polished and seamless - there are really only two arrangement styles on it, My Immortal/Hello, and everything else… it can turn into a bit of a blur.

It's still the last album I bought on the strength of one hearing of one track (Bring Me To Life) though. It's a shame they went down the pan when Ben Moody left.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    ICBM said:

I thought the early EP (Or EPs?) were long-deleted, or were you just prescient enough to buy them at the time?  I wish I had them.

ICBM said:
    Fallen is a masterpiece but it's also almost too polished and seamless - there are really only two arrangement styles on it, My Immortal/Hello, and everything else… it can turn into a bit of a blur.

It's still the last album I bought on the strength of one hearing of one track (Bring Me To Life) though. It's a shame they went down the pan when Ben Moody left.
    They certainly work to a formula, but it's a formula I like very much.  

I like the post-Ben Moody albums too... and Moody's band We Are The Fallen.

edited November 2015
    Philly_Q said:
    I thought the early EP (Or EPs?) were long-deleted, or were you just prescient enough to buy them at the time?  I wish I had them.
    No, I downloaded them from the net. Amy said to ;).

I like the work Moody has done with Avril Lavigne and Kelly Clarkson too - even though he only co-wrote a few songs you can clearly hear his influence all over Under My Skin and Breakaway - both excellent albums despite their 'pop' target market.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • My son was running the primary school disco again. Apparently this goes down a complete storm and I have been listening to it.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • "Girl all the Bad Guys Want" - Bowling for Soup.

Such a quality tune! 

If you were me then you'd be screaming someone shoot me as I failed miserably tryin'a get the girl all the bad guys want!
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cbilly22cbilly22 Frets: 360
    edited November 2015
    The KXM album. George Lynch, Doug Pinnick from Kings X with the Korn drummer. Very good indeed.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bit of accordion based rap in a language that may or may not be Spanish? Anyway, it seems jolly and the video maybe something to do with female empowerment.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • just listening to timeless for the first time    

it's bloody awesome (i love me some drum n bass).
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    edited November 2015
    some great uncomplicated licks to be ripped from here... Twee but organic... (this is the BBC sessions Bootleg - not the Beano album as the cover suggests)

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    "Born to Play the Guitar" - Buddy Guy.

Interesting album. Never listened to his stuff before. 

I really really like the heavier tracks on the album. And the guest appearance by Billy Gibbons is mint! His vocal (Guy's) suits the heavier blues sounds really nicely... 
  • tbmtbm Frets: 578
    PLAY LOUD

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • maraudermarauder Frets: 133
    That got me in a Kyuss mood, have some more.

• I've had this beauty on repeat today