Today, I have mostly been listening to ...

What's Hot

Comments

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 2344
    A bit of Real Estate, from their latest offering:

My trading feedback is here 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    Beach fossils. This track (Tangerine) is excellent:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 344
    The 'current' MUSE album, Drones.
    i slated it. And then I got a copy off eBay on the cheap as an impulse buy, and as a whole album i have to say it works. I don't think I could listen to individual songs now, but it's pretty epic as an "album in its entirety" kinda experience. 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • trolleytrolley Frets: 22
    Fossil Fuel - XTC. There's some gems in there
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 1805
    i slated it. And then I got a copy off eBay on the cheap as an impulse buy, and as a whole album i have to say it works. I don't think I could listen to individual songs now, but it's pretty epic as an "album in its entirety" kinda experience. 
    It is a good album despite being lyrically weak. I think The 2nd Law is possibly my favourite of theirs. I haven't listened to either of them for a while actually, so might have to pop them on again. 
    quarky said:
    It is a good album despite being lyrically weak. I think The 2nd Law is possibly my favourite of theirs. I haven't listened to either of them for a while actually, so might have to pop them on again. 
    Interesting. I have to say the part that annoys me is the spoken word bits like the Sergeant screaming at the soldier... ARE YOU A PSYCHO KILLER? I AM A PSYCHO KILLER AAAAAHHHHH!!! 

It's so stupid. 

But anyway, aside from those bits, I loved it. Didn't really pay too much mind to the lyrics.
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • Giving the new KXM a listen.  Also been enjoying the new Circa Survive and Black Dahlia Murder releases.
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 528
    edited October 12
    Man and the Echo - exceptional songwriting, brilliant musicians and funny as fuck! 

Saw them live this week and have to say one of my favourite gigs ever! (Oh no, fanboy alert!). 

"Sorceress" by Opeth - it was on sale so I snagged a bargain. Enjoyed it. To me, it made me think "if Porcupine Tree played Deep Purple riffs and made a prog album, this is what it would sound like" 

Good stuff. 

Also picked up the new Def Leppard (well, it was out last year iirc - self titled album) and enjoyed what I've heard so far (except the opening track "Let's Go", reminds me too much of "Go" from Sparkle Lounge). 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Modest Mouse Sad Sappy Sucker. Not sure it's a grower though, as much as I love them. Some of it's just annoying and awkward. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • trolleytrolley Frets: 22

All Around The World - It Bites. And now, because of that, I've just bought Whole New World!

Cheers @hootsmon ; :#

• mburekengemburekenge Frets: 374
    Best of Kanda Bongo Man. Killer Congolese rhumba
  • Nation of Ulysses.

• And.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • tampaxbootampaxboo Frets: 320
    unutterable lushness never-ending. to call it perfect pop still understates its perfection.

New L.A. Guns album... What a crock of shit.
    Extremely disappointed by the brickwalled production, lacklustre songwriting and cheesy lyrics.
    People were raving about it but it's SO BORING and SO CLICHED that it's not even laughable.
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 1088
    I downloaded New Order's Movement on Deezer. I have the vinyl but I haven't listened in years. It's still one of my favourite NO albums.

Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 379
    The Barr Brothers ‘Queens of the Breakers’. Any band who manages to incorporate a harpist and not sound like twee angelic shit is worthy of respect.
    Liam Gallagher's new album of course!
    The new Europe album.
    It's OK. It's not brilliant. There's some good bits, though, for sure...
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 11596

At the time, I remember (the album rather than this track specifically) being raw, energetic, and generally wow.

Time has passed.
    :(
  • MickeyjiMickeyji Frets: 12
    Been on a 70's fusion binge the last few days, my favourite records in that genre right now:

Soft Machine - Alive And Well
    Brand X - Masques, Moroccan Roll
    John McLaughlin - Electric Dreams
    Terje Rypdal - Descendre
    Pat Metheny - Bright Size Life
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 1869
    # Previously Stevieb76 on the old Music Radar #
    New Weezer album is the biggest disappointment of 2017.
    I've been downloading some Sunset Rubdown after hearing a track on the Netflix "Limitless" series.
    I've also been listening to some old Radiohead, and wondering if I downloaded King Of Limbs.

LOL, Fox News have just called Radiohead "The Poor Man's Coldplay". Some serious misunderstanding of musical talent IMO.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 6628
    In the car for the last few days: Johann, I'm only dancing (Red Priest)
    At home yesterday evening: with a few fingers of whisky and a dash of water in a tumbler, the cat on my lap, and the latest HiFi News publication to look at: Hourglass (James Taylor)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs.
    Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 64
    I recorded an indie music at the bbc a while ago and watched it at the weekend, and have since been listening to mostly  new order, ride, the sundays, the frank and walters, jesus and mary chain, the sugarcubes.   Having turned 16 in 1991 and been really into indie and grunge I realise as I get older what a period of quality music I had at my peak of influence from 15-20.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Not everyone's cup of tea but Slowdive, I love them and so does the girl with the blue hair in video 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 6628
    Still Red priest in the car.

I've recently sorted the stack of videos and DVDs and moved the rest of them into the remaining storage towers that I got from @monquixote (fanx again mate). I've also got my finger out and put together the Quad 33/FM3/303 system with the KEF Concord IVs so with the right wiring and switch boxes I can play LPs, CDs, radio, and the audio from DVDs or videocassettes though it. Watching live music and having the audio on a decent stereo is a luxury I've not have for a while.

Tonight I've had the pleasure of seeing the video of James Taylor live at the Colonial Theater (sic), Boston, 1988. Haven't watched it in years and the performance is still magic.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs.
    Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!