2nd MF Minifooger Drive gone tits up

What's Hot
TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1845
So my first MF drive went wrong very quickly even though its possibly the best fuzz/drive pedal ever.

Juno music replaced it no questions asked but the new is also faulty. No signal goes through when its engaged and the led won't light,

The led flashes when you plug the power and that's it

Do I get another or just get a refund

Trouble is......its so good......when it works
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• surely theres not just you thats had this problem. its not unusual for manufacturers to have problems with batches but for you to get two kinda takes the piss. 

have juno relayed this back to manufacturer? i suppose third times a charm though eh? ;-) 
    How very rock and roll
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    Go for third time lucky, lay it on thick with the retailer, they'll perhaps give you some sort of shop credit as compensation.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Definitely worth writing to moog. They need to know failure rates to improve the design and work out what it is that's breaking :)

It sounds like ana amazing pedal but I've not yet seen one.
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    edited January 2014
    I take it uses standard boss 9v centre negative?

Edit: Just looked at the website and it seems to be centre +
  • I'm 50/50 between getting an MF drive or a Visual Sound VSXO. Your experience is tipping me toward the VS. Word of mouth is still the best advertising I suppose. Does the MF come with a dedicated power supply, or reasonable battery access as an alternative?
  • No but it comes with a 9v battery which also doesn't make it work!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    I was gassing for the MF-Trem until I saw the 9v positive thing... that's really annoying.

Fucking stupid actually, how hard would it have been to make it 9v negative so it can run off a normal power supply?
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • Have you thought about trying a Stone Deaf PDF 1. Bet that would get close sound wise. They work nicely with other drives and fuzzes too
  • I e had a pdf1 and obviously it's a great pedal but has no real drive to it. I know it has the drive switch but it's no where near as versatile as the MF
  • Bucket said:
    I was gassing for the MF-Trem until I saw the 9v positive thing... that's really annoying.

Fucking stupid actually, how hard would it have been to make it 9v negative so it can run off a normal power supply?
    No it is centre negative and will work with a boss supply
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Bucket said:

No it is centre negative and will work with a boss supply
    Oh right, thanks!

(My GAS is thanking you, my bank account is weeping).
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."