Nevada black & blue stratocaster

Earlier this year I was got this nevada stratocaster from a friend who payed £135 for this guitar and at first glance it seems like a cool looking guitar but it really is a bad guitar and let me tell you why.

First of all where the neck and body are put together looks really rough as it hasn't been put together properly so it basically the neck and body has just been smashed together with no care are pride towards the guitar and it was there when my mate brought it.

The strat is blue and black with a black headstock but what I don't like is that it has three tuning keys on two sides which I don't like on a stratocaster.

It has 24 frets with a rosewood neck that is rough enough to give you splinters. It has two pickups one for the bridge and the other for the neck. The guitar has a tone and a volume control and a 3 way pickup selector which doesn't even work that we'll.

The body is really easy to scratch which does suck as I just bumped it not too hard and it now has a nasty scratch on the back of it.

The sound of the guitar is something really important to me but it is not clean at all and always sounds fuzzy even with the right selections on my amplifier.

The strings it came with had to be changed as they corrode quickly.

Overall this guitar is a must to avoid for any new guitar players looking for a cheap and reliable guitar. Personally I would recommend a Westfield guitar as a starter guitar as that was my first guitar which I haven't had to change anything on it and it sounds pretty clean or buy a fender squire as it is a good starter guitar for a decent price.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• martmart Frets: 5205
    Connor03 said:
    ... what I don't like is that it has three tuning keys on two sides which I don't like on a stratocaster.
    Strats with 3+3 headstocks are quite unusual. Do you have a pic of your Nevada? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom