Ocean Machine reverb/ delay

What's Hot
EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293

See if that works. I know this has been mentioned on here before but there's a recent demo ( although I haven't watched it yet). 'Under $300' apparently, coming out at January NAMM.
Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Interesting. Very high knob count! Looking at the still photo at the very end there are tape, analog, digital, mod delays,etc ( more variations to come according to the video)plus about 8 reverb types, looper, presets,etc, so pretty comprehensive. Although he's demonstrating quite ambient stuff I guess it's potentially aiming at the market for things like the Boss DD500. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4526
    edited December 2016
    Looks and sounds good. This is how I have my echo machine, zoom ms100 and alter ego set up.. great that it has 3 freeze options too.

Nice share Eric.
  • If it cuts the mustard, this will shake things up in the reverb market. Very interesting indeed. 

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26561
    edited December 2016
    If it cuts the mustard, this will shake things up in the reverb market. Very interesting indeed. 
    And the delay market, too. Looking at all the features, it will only need to be "pretty good quality" to scare the willies out of Strymon and Eventide, and possibly Boss too.
    <space for hire>
  • The big question will be whether or not the US market is willing to buy Chinese at that price point. 

It certainly looks an interesting unit. I'm not really into that Ambient thing but for people who are this does seem like a good solution. 

• The big question will be whether or not the US market is willing to buy Chinese at that price point. 

It certainly looks an interesting unit. I'm not really into that Ambient thing but for people who are this does seem like a good solution. 

Even if you're not doing ambient music as such, I imagine there's plenty of people who could find uses for two delays and a reverb that can be programmed together but don't involve having to resort to MIDI, rackmount units and all that eighties jazz.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • You do have to read between the lines a bit with this, Devlin might be using it for ambient stuff but it covers similar ground to the other multiple delays plus the reverb side.

The big question will be whether or not the US market is willing to buy Chinese at that price point. 

Even if you're not doing ambient music as such, I imagine there's plenty of people who could find uses for two delays and a reverb that can be programmed together but don't involve having to resort to MIDI, rackmount units and all that eighties jazz.

• You do have to read between the lines a bit with this, Devlin might be using it for ambient stuff but it covers similar ground to the other multiple delays plus the reverb side.
    Absolutely. There's nothing particularly special about the individual delays and reverb he's using except that they're all in the same box and can be controlled together. I'm guessing there's nothing to stop you from turning off two of the three effects for simpler stuff if you wanted it.

• The irony here is that Devins music is far from ambient.

currently he uses a TC Triple FB. 
    Guess he got fed up with the midi implementation. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.

Check out 'Casualties of Cool'. Brilliant album and massively ambient
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17588
    tFB Trader
    The big question will be whether or not the US market is willing to buy Chinese at that price point. 

People buy loads of high end Chinese stuff. They just don't normally buy it from a Chinese company. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • People buy loads of high end Chinese stuff. They just don't normally buy it from a Chinese company. 
    LOL/Wis logjam. Going fooooor... wisdom.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    The irony here is that Devins music is far from ambient.

saw a recent rig rundown with him and he's only recently moved into having a full midi setup for live shows and said he's loving the simplicity for shows.
  • mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    People buy loads of high end Chinese stuff. They just don't normally buy it from a Chinese company. 
    LOL/Wis logjam. Going fooooor... wisdom.
    Yup this is a big step forward for Mooer.  They've had their own designs the last couple of years but they've been nothing special, this on the other hand heralds the dawn of Chinese designed and built boutique fx.  I expect to see more of this invasion of the Strymon/Keeley space over the next few years as they build up a brains trust in China. 
  • sgosden said:
    The irony here is that Devins music is far from ambient.

saw a recent rig rundown with him and he's only recently moved into having a full midi setup for live shows and said he's loving the simplicity for shows.
    Ah yeah I saw that, I meant he got fed up with the TC midi implementation, moving to the mooer instead. 

Check out 'Casualties of Cool'. Brilliant album and massively ambient
    My least favourite album of his. lol 

--- I'm fully aware of that. But anyone else who thinks that the TGP brigade will see a Mooer product the same way they treat an Apple product is kidding themselves on. 

--- I'm fully aware of that. But anyone else who thinks that the TGP brigade will see a Mooer product the same way they treat an Apple product is kidding themselves on. 
    If the product is good and priced well, they will come. Besides, the Asian market is HUUUUUUUGGGGE
  • He had me at 5 mins. If this delivers, it will be awesome.
  • He had me at 5 mins. If this delivers, it will be awesome.
    Indeed. The only thing that gives me pause is that he's designed it based on using it by hand, not at your feet. Makes me wonder if there are going to be hidden gotchas which make it unsuitable...admittedly this is mainly my paranoia at work (given that every other unit out there has at least one catastrophic design decision which makes my life hell).
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom