Your Fave YouTube Amp 'Tone' Clip ???

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    Probably not my be all end all favourite but the first thing that came to mind for me was this Dual Terror demo with the LP. I'm not sure how much studio/post processing was involved though as it sounds way better than any other DT or other Orange demo I've heard. Way less fizzy and throaty than others.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4723
    edited December 2016
    There is a tone that I really like  - it's used by Sheryl Crow's guitarist on several tracks including 'Hard to make a stand'.  I don't know what amp/rig is being used, possibly it's a Bassman but if so, but that throaty and very musical breakup is just gorgeous.   If anyone actually knows (not thinks) what his rig is, I'd love to know.  I think the guitarist may have been Steve Donnelly but I'm not sure. 

And a similar type of tone but with more effects on My Favourite Mistake - I just love that throaty, musical, crunchy, warm tone that's full of harmonics:

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • that Sheryl Crow album from 94 is awesome, and you reminded me how smokin hot she is.

i saw her live about 10 years ago and she and the band were fantastic

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Start of this. Particularly when he goes to the bridge pickup.

I love Andy.

Also, genuinely, this. Throughout really. Could just be Satchel but this is the best I've ever heard a practice amp sound.

And... fuuuuuuuck.

- "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    Something I'd never considered before, the Pro Junior sounds awesome in this clip when he switches to the LP around thie 1:50 mark. Perfect raw rock tone.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    It's a cheap amp but this guys playing makes it shine.

Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1437

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I'll probably get some stick for this, and Im kind of cringing writing it but 'the captain' gets some cool les paul tones in this vid, zoom to past half way. I think the amp is a victory. Why dont they mic all their vids this way? sounds so much better than their usual recordings (in my opinion).

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Voxman said:
    There is a tone that I really like  - it's used by Sheryl Crow's guitarist on several tracks including 'Hard to make a stand'.  I don't know what amp/rig is being used, possibly it's a Bassman but if so, but that throaty and very musical breakup is just gorgeous.   If anyone actually knows (not thinks) what his rig is, I'd love to know.  I think the guitarist may have been Steve Donnelly but I'm not sure. 

And a similar type of tone but with more effects on My Favourite Mistake - I just love that throaty, musical, crunchy, warm tone that's full of harmonics:

Peter Stroud has been Sheryl's long term guitar player, not sure of his rig on those records. If I'm not wrong he's one of the founders of 65amps so I'm guessing he used those these days ;) ... There's also a great live gig he did with Don Henley - think it was called either live in Dallas or Live inside job... some awesome tones on that DVD- unfortunately has been pulled from YouTube these days
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    This video sold me totally on the Top Hat Emplexador:

And I still want one of these one day too...

http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader

Voxman said:

Just been geeking online as I love this tone too and apparently Favourite Mistake was Wendy Melvin from Prince and the Revolution with a Telecaster through a Matchless DC30, '59 Bassman and a HotRod Deville! 

Jeff Trott, Todd Wolfe and Steve Donnelly also played guitar on various tracks. Peter Stroud came later...
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • that Victory above does sound fantastic, 

i've been watching this one a lot recently due to my Lonestar GAS

I was playing at a local jamming (Shadows) club and we went out to a local town to play with an affiliated club, who used the Lonestar as their main amp.  I was a bit avant garde and used a PRS, whereas they were used to low output s/cs, so had the (Line 6 supplied) fx set to stun.  Nearly blew the roof off, but it sounded absolutely righteous.  I had to be restrained from buying one for months after that.

Since then: 

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11875
    Love that Sheryl Crow song.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    PARK vrs Friedman BE CF45 - FIGHT!

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

This one for me
    Definitely Greg V!
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    Greg V again, this demo made my mind up on buying the New Yorker.

• I like the Greg V stuff.

I think this is my fave though, besides the covetable gear the guy really knows how to play the amp:

• blobbblobb Frets: 2950
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q0nImsfMvE

...yup, I bought a Pignose. Don't sound like this though.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'