Was out christmas pressie shopping yesterday and tried an EHX Wailer wah and it.....

What's Hot
cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
edited December 2016 in FX
....broke whilst I was trying it.

Oh well
8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• This is pretty much my experience with ehx stuff. It's a real shame because I really really love their stuff. It's just too unreliable to be worth using imho. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    You may have set some sort of record there.
    I'll look it up in the Guinness Book of Records.
  • I never had any issues with EHX stuff but given that the tap switch on my two month old Memory Man TT1100 has just broken I'm starting to see why people bitch about the reliability 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17589
    tFB Trader
    They need to go the Boss route and have an equivalent Waza like sub brand. 

This would produce pedals that sounded identical to ordinary EHX pedals, but cost twice as much, but with the single difference that they weren't completely shit build quality.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1373
    The reverb died on a 68custom deluxe reverb i was demoing. 
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    It was working to begin with then made a strange "bwaooaaaamm" noise.   It also felt very flimsy 
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    The classic for me was some kid tripping over my guitar cable and nearly crushing himself under a Friedman head. I packed up and left quickly
    Stop crying, start buying
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    This is pretty much my experience with ehx stuff. It's a real shame because I really really love their stuff. It's just too unreliable to be worth using imho. 
    Really? I've had/have quite a few of their pedals and gig them and never had anything break or feel that flimsy. That new Wailer wah is admittedly a bit cheap and nasty looking though, doesn't it have a plastic case? Never a good idea, particularly on a wah pedal.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6674
    You didn't break it. It was an assisted suicide. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 6989
    Sassafras said:
    You may have set some sort of record there.
    I'll look it up in the Guinness Book of Records.
    Happened to me with a Marshall Valvestate in the shop.  Needless to say, I decided not to buy Marshall.
  • Octafish said:
    This is pretty much my experience with ehx stuff. It's a real shame because I really really love their stuff. It's just too unreliable to be worth using imho. 
    Really? I've had/have quite a few of their pedals and gig them and never had anything break or feel that flimsy. That new Wailer wah is admittedly a bit cheap and nasty looking though, doesn't it have a plastic case? Never a good idea, particularly on a wah pedal.
    Yeah really. I did some mods on their soul food pedals a while back (changed the diodes for the Klon germanium ones) and the build quality was very poor. On one of them the pot literally crumbled in my hands as I was tightening the outer nut to put it back together.