Solos slowed to half speed

I hope this isn't too spammy, I'm not into whoring my videos around, but I figure these are useful enough to others, as opposed to just being 'look at me!' ones, to be not so bad.

When I have spare time (which is rare at the moment), I try to learn solos. I have been learning so many that I was forgetting what I'd just learnt, so I started doing videos of myself playing through them at half speed, and some guys on another forum I post on also found these useful, so I thought maybe some of the metal guys here might find them useful.

These are all figured out by ear, so I don't claim to be 100% correct, but they're pretty close, and on some of them I really went to town trying to get all the correct fingering.

So, enough chutney. Here's what I've got done:

Megadeth - Rust In Peace - every Marty Friedman solo
Megadeth - Countdown To Extinction - every Marty Friedman solo
Dream Theater - Images & Words - every John Petrucci solo
Dream Theater - Awake - (almost) every John Petrucci solo
Misc Liquid Tension Experiment, Megadeth and other solos

I've done a few by request, so if anyone wants something done, I'm happy to help if I can. And you can find full speed versions of nearly all of them elsewhere on my channel if you want to see how they sound/work up to speed, or you can increase the YouTube player speed to double speed to see them with hilarious Larry the Lamb vibrato!
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• prh777prh777 Frets: 143
    Lee. These videos are fantastic. I've been following them on metalguitarist.org as well. 

I am am looking forward to spending some time with the megadeth solos as I've always found them difficult to visualise/play. 

Any luck finding some co-conspirators for your recording project?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Glad they're useful, man. And don't forget you can slow YouTube down to 50%. Sounds a bit poo, but might be helpful on some sections.

Do you post on there? I don't recognise your username.

Sadly, no. I got a couple of initial interests, but I think once they heard what and how I play, they regretted it and disappeared haha.
  • prh777prh777 Frets: 143
    Ah. Mnemman on there, we chatted about an mk v a while back......  I'm not too active.

Shame about th elack of interest - was it because of the metal/prog angle?  There are some metalheads on here but it seems to be a minority.

• RockerRocker Frets: 4947
    OP how do you slow down YouTube videos? Thanks.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Click the little gear icon in bottom right corner, hover over speed, choose the speed you want (not all have sound).
  • LeeCassidyLeeCassidy Frets: 54
    edited December 2016
    prh777 said:
    Ah. Mnemman on there, we chatted about an mk v a while back......  I'm not too active.

Shame about th elack of interest - was it because of the metal/prog angle?  There are some metalheads on here but it seems to be a minority.

I've no clue because everyone who messages me (not just here) saying they're interested in trying something then disappears and drops out of contact. The universe is trying to tell me something, I think. It's saying 'nobody likes you' haha. Ahh well, I'm not one to sit around feeling sorry for myself, so I'm just getting on with playing.

And I remember. Your username is too similar to Minnemann not to!
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4947
    Thanks @LeeCassidy for the slow down tip.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Lovely stuff! I'm really into that Dream Theater period so I'll have to have a good look. Having said that, I'm really useless at learning stuff. Major job doing all that stuff!