Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Any mini compressor recommendations - pref cheap

What's Hot
JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
not particular experiened with compressors
in general but looking at something to smooth out clean picking with modulated delay reverb and would also add something to boosted overdrive into crunchy marshall . 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• The yellow mooer one is very good.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    If you can find any mini clones of Orange Squeezer types, they work well for your intended purpose. And they work equally well with single coils and humbuckers which can't be said of a lot of comps.
    Yes, I realise this isn't much help. Sorry.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7845
    The yellow mooer one is very good.
    +1

:)
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4528
    edited December 2016
    I have a mini fender compressor you can try out if you want when I get back to the uk before new year
  • If the the yellow mower one is anything like the Diamond one (it's supposed to be a very close clone), then I can't recommend it enough.

I love the Diamond one, it's the best one I've ever had, and I've had all of them.
  • Had a Valeton for a while. Very good indeed. Was like a modded Boss. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• JCA2550JCA2550 Frets: 439
    TheMarlin said:
    The yellow mooer one is very good.
    +1

:)
    +3 (I think? )
  • SP comp is fantastic and tiny, not cheap though, acceptable 2nd hand however!
    https://www.gbmusic.co.uk/

PA Hire and Event Management
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Another vote for the Yellow Mooer. Always on when the Strat plugged in. 
  • SP comp is fantastic and tiny, not cheap though, acceptable 2nd hand however!
    Any known clones?
  • JMP220478 said:
    SP comp is fantastic and tiny, not cheap though, acceptable 2nd hand however!
    Any known clones?
    not that i know of, it was worth the price though having had a dyna comp and a mooer in the past, the controls are very intuitive and it sounds great.
    https://www.gbmusic.co.uk/

PA Hire and Event Management
  • My answer to "which compressor?" Question always has been and always will be the Fairfield Accountant. 

Treat yourself!
    How very rock and roll
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • My answer to "which compressor?" Question always has been and always will be the Fairfield Accountant. 

Treat yourself!
    Double the price of the mooer - but it's a stonking pedal. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2219
    edited December 2016
    My answer to "which compressor?" Question always has been and always will be the Fairfield Accountant. 

Treat yourself!
    Seconded...well thirded. If you don't mind stretching your budget somehow, this is more than worth it. It absolutely fits your criteria, best pedal purchase I made this year.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    I got the SP for Christmas - absolutely love it. Set up with volume at 3 o'clock and blend at 9 o'clock with mini toggle at low compression. Lovely fat boost into the OCD. Bloody awesome. It replaces a Mooer Blue Comp which was useless and rubbish. 
  • Sassafras said:
    If you can find any mini clones of Orange Squeezer types, they work well for your intended purpose. 
    If you're up to building a kit, both BYOC and Pedalparts (Poodle) sell 1590a Orange Squeezer clones. Smaller enclosures make for a more fiddly build though...

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• If the the yellow mower one is anything like the Diamond one (it's supposed to be a very close clone), then I can't recommend it enough.

I love the Diamond one, it's the best one I've ever had, and I've had all of them.
    "Supposed to be" is a long way from the reality. The Mooer is a good pedal for the price but it is not up to the Diamond. 

Treat yourself!
    One of the rare occasions where it's worth the price difference. There's just "something" about the Accountant that sets it apart from the rest
    How very rock and roll
  • It's not cheap but the Fairfield Circuitry Accountant sounds very impressive from clips I've heard:

http://fairfieldcircuitry.com/products/the-accountant

• A mate of mine never understood why anybody would want a compressor. When he eventually got one it was one of the expensive ones. I don't think he uses it any more.

I bought about six from Ebay at £20 each and tried them all out. I picked the one with less hiss that tightened everything up.

I recommend a shoot-out like this. The only way to find out what works for you using your own gear is to buy or borrow and try it out.