SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - Two Classic SS amps

What's Hot
impmannimpmann Frets: 12649
After scratching a couple of itches, I've realised that as great as these amps are, I've moved on in my expectations in what I want from an amp.

HH IC100S - bought recently from @simplyben. I've replaced the broken IC socket with a brand new one of the same type. Whilst it was apart, I gave all the pots a squirt with some Servisol. Its all working well, although I *think* the Sustain pot has been replaced at some point with a different value, as it isn't a particularly 'linear' response - it does increase and decrease, so perhaps that's what its supposed to do! The front panel isn't cracked (unusual) and lights up green. It is the amp that Wilko Johnson used with the Feelgoods (although his was a combo - same amp section), ditto Bauhaus and the Wedding Present. Hackett used a similar, although higher spec, amp with early Genesis too... anyway, enough of the sales speil £90 delivered buys this great British amp.

Marshall 5005 Lead 12 combo - bought recently elsewhere to relive my youth. Since I received it, I've given the pots and the input jacks a squirt with the Servisol to stop the scratching. It seems to be working well - and sounds suitably angry when you want it to. Its a great sound, but not one I tend to use these days as I'm a confirmed Fender fan. £90 delivered for this great British amp.

If you can collect from near Kettering, Northants - or daytimes from Bourne, Lincs, then a discount will be given for the postage costs.

Will post pictures later.
Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Could you bring the HH to practice so I can give it a whirl mate?
    (assuming I dont see you before hand)
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GadgieGadgie Frets: 96
    always fancied a Lead 12
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12649
    Gadgie said:
    always fancied a Lead 12
    Now's your chance... buy yourself a Christmas present! ;-)

Could you bring the HH to practice so I can give it a whirl mate?
    (assuming I dont see you before hand)
    Sure.

Bump

May consider trades with either or both.

And... hhhhup!

Still available... although I'm considering keeping the Marshall as it really sounds ace.