How low do they go?

BenSirAmosBenSirAmos Frets: 410
I have a Behringer PA that has served me well, but it is a bit old fashioned, big and generally an arse-ache to lug about for small gigs.

I thought momentarily of getting a Behringer ACX1800 Ultracoustic which seemed to be on special offer at £160-ish on Amazon as a grab and go for acoustic gigs - but the reviews weren't great and I thought I'd hold off.

Since then, the Amazon price has been dropping around £8 each day - it's now £125 which seems a pretty good. But I can't buy it now because I know it will be £8 less tomorrow. 

What is the sales strategy here? Will it just keep falling or is there an optimum purchase price I should watch out for?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I have a Behringer PA that has served me well, but it is a bit old fashioned, big and generally an arse-ache to lug about for small gigs.

I thought momentarily of getting a Behringer ACX1800 Ultracoustic which seemed to be on special offer at £160-ish on Amazon as a grab and go for acoustic gigs - but the reviews weren't great and I thought I'd hold off.

Since then, the Amazon price has been dropping around £8 each day - it's now £125 which seems a pretty good. But I can't buy it now because I know it will be £8 less tomorrow. 

What is the sales strategy here? Will it just keep falling or is there an optimum purchase price I should watch out for?

The price will drop until someone buys one. 
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    It's worth whatever you'll pay for it. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72298
    A long time ago there was a music shop I knew which was closing down - by the last week they had one good guitar left, a Gibson Spirit II, which had been about £500 but just wasn't shifting, so they put a label on it that said "this will be £50 less every day".

I went in early in the morning to buy it on the day it would have been £200 but it had sold late the day before for £250.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Well the longer I leave it, the more reviews I read - which aren't really encouraging me. Three more days and it should be under £100 so I'll think again then.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Wait till they pay you to take it off their hands.
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4722
    Sassafras said:
    Wait till they pay you to take it off their hands.
    Beat me to it!iagree 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • That'll be NAD after 16 days then (if it carries on reducing at £8 a day - which I doubt because I don't think it is real even at this price)
  • Back up to £300. I don't want it anymore - I suspect a nasty sales trick.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5013
    If the reviews aren't good and you haven't tried it yourself I'm surprised you wanted to buy it tbh.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • I was having a weak moment after lugging loads of gear into and back out of a tiny venue.