NAD - Fly 3

What's Hot
TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2892

Had this/these waiting under the tree for me yesterday morning. I'd played the Fly 3 in a shop but I couldn't get it loud as the batteries were dying, and it was just the mono version I'd tried. I'm really surprised by how good this is, particularly the clean channel which I'm actually playing and liking more than the OD channel at the minute! Gain on 10 is just about enough for ACDC levels of crunch, takes a tubescreamer well for higher gain. The tape delay is really nice and imo so much better than the analog mode of my DD7 - want to replace that with a tape style delay pedal now! 

Perfect practice amp! Sounds good in either mono or stereo with the extra cab. Very happy with it for what it is. Only annoyance is that it came with a US plug so I'm having to use the extension of my laptop charger to power it. Haven't tried the headphone out yet, will give it a blast after work today if I get to leave early!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    Sitting on top of that Laney, they look even smaller than I realised.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2892
    edited December 2016
    Haha they're tiny. Sound way bigger than you'd expect from such a small package especially in stereo.

Edit - headphone out isnt too bad either! I definitely prefer boosting the clean channel to the OD by itself. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom