Reverb including Shimmer?

What's Hot
stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26754
Thinking about a bit of a board re-jig, so wondering what's the best reverb with shimmer, preferably priced south of the Strymon stuff? Obvious contenders seem to be the Boss RV6, Digitech Supernatural and Neunaber Immerse. 

Any recommendations for these, or suggestions of any others?
The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Not a huge fan of shimmer, but best one I've had was the line 6 verbzilla, so a nice cheap option! I've had an eventide space, Strymon Big Sky and a Neunaber pedal and never used shimmer as much on any of these. It could be that the verbzilla was my first shimmer pedal, and may have just the initial novelty of it
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7746
    edited December 2016
    Strymon Big Sky or Blue Sky. MXR M300 (my favourite), Polara, Neunaber wet ...

i tried a lot. Strymon was great, but beyond my needs. The MXR 300 was easy to dial in, sounded great on all settings, won me over.  

But, best try a few, and form your own opinions.   Others opinions may differ wildly from mine.

If it's specifically shimmer you're after, Strymon does that best.  

• RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    I have had the RV-6, Supernatural and Immerse, as well as the various TC offerings. The Immerse sounds lovely but is very subtle and less easy to get a really big sound out of, the RV-6 I personally thought sounded too digital and artificial (OK, very subjective as we are talking digital reverbs here). I have come back to the Supernatural as I genuinely like and use all of the sounds in it.

I hated all of the TC reverb pedals, I couldn't find any natural sounds in the HOF, Trinity or T2 that I liked.
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    I'm not keen on TC reverbs, had the T2 and th HOF neither of which I liked enough to keep.

Now have a Boss RV6 which is pretty much always on, although don't use the shimmer that much. It's got a great modulated setting, Hall is superb, + delay is gorgeous. If you like shimmer it's a good one though.

Also use a Tera Echo, mainly for the hold down wash effect, but produces some interesting sounds. 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11814
    Hungry Robot Stargazer, you can get the single side version the little gazer.

• @4114Effects makes a shimmer
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hungry Robot Stargazer, you can get the single side version the little gazer.

That sounds really really nice. Not quite what I thought I wanted but now I definitely want one of those!
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Even thought I'm selling a blue sky for a great competitive price! ;) 

I've also owned a verbzilla and its awesome, so it gets my vote 

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    edited December 2016
    All these posts and no Mr black Eterna?!?!?!

Shame on you people :-p
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11814
    Hungry Robot Stargazer, you can get the single side version the little gazer.

That sounds really really nice. Not quite what I thought I wanted but now I definitely want one of those!
    It's a lovely sounding reverb, it lean towards more big ambient Cathedral sound than your spring and plate but it's so simple to use and just love its sonic characteristics.
  • On a budget.. the zoom ms70cdr  .the ' particle verb' setting is I believe based on the line 6 verbzila/shimmer . I have had one since they came out and quite a few pedals have come and gone since !
    And yes Dan at 4114 custom effects  has brought out a shimmer setting with his flux capacitor delay. And Dan used to have the zoom as well (might still have it?) 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    The Polara has the shimmer from the Supernatural. 

I must say shimmer effects do get dull quite quickly. I think they are the modern day equivalent to the 80's ubiquitous chorus. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30826
    If you can wait, ping Sage Benado an email- he makes one of these. @tone1 has b2b'd it v a Strymon...he will chime in.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Of everything posted so far I think the Hungry Robot has it. Not least because it's got a robot on it. 

Might also try one of 4114's little magic boxes when they arrive too.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5113
    edited December 2016
    Gassage said:
    If you can wait, ping Sage Benado an email- he makes one of these. @tone1 has b2b'd it v a Strymon...he will chime in.
    Bloody hell...the Benado Reverb with separate shimmer footswitch is just awesome..it's so alive.
    i have a Strymon Flint and as Gass says, I have A/B'd them and the Benado is amazing..it doesn't have lots of options of Hall, plate etc. It's a spring type Reverb and all analogue. Not sure what shimmer is supposed to sound like but it's a heavenly sound. I compare it to the U2 song Hearland

:) 
  • The Polara has the shimmer from the Supernatural. 

---it doesn't, or at least not exactly. It has a "halo" mode which is sort of a shimmer and very nice sounding but it's not the same as shimmer mode on the Supernatural. 

I agree with you on shimmer though - it does get dull pretty quickly. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26754
    edited January 2017
    Been trawling demos for a week. Rogue Guitar Shop has 20% off for first-time orders and we have a winner - Caroline Meteore. It doesn't shimmer as such but does lovely ambient things. Now the only question is whether to get a gold one or a white one. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYsEZhwGUZ4

• Gold
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    Go for Gold, as they say.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4510
    Gold