Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

2017 - can only get worse.......

What's Hot
hywelghywelg Frets: 4302
Think about it. All those who didn't die at age 29 are probably still around, but they are old now. And they didn't treat their bodies that we'll. 

So just  think who's left, there's a lot of them

6 Rolling Stones, 2 Beatles, 2 Who, 2 Zeppelin,  4 Sabbath, 3 Queen, 4 Bad Co, 2 Cream, 3 (or more!)Fleetwood Mac, both Kinks brothers, John Mayall, 4 Slade, etc etc..And that's even before you get to the late 70's era Punk  and 80's Hm. 

It can only get worse.

And no we won't start a sweepstake to guess the first one for 2017 :)
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• You're such a negative Nancy!  It will be a great year! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4302
    It might be a great year, but be prepared for worse to come, they are all getting on a bit. But they will all be trumped by the Queen. She's got to go at some point. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • To be honest,  (this is just how l see it) , even tho Bowie Rickman, etc was upsetting, I didn't know them personally, so for me it wasn't a great loss, and didn't effect  my year in a hugely  negatively way.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27586
    Fortunately my happiness is not predicated on the longevity of celebrities.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
    Sporky said:
    Me neither, but talented musicians who have given me much audio pleasure is another matter. Rick Parfitt probably the most of all of those who went in 2016. And Andy Fraser. 
  • hywelg said:
    It might be a great year, but be prepared for worse to come, they are all getting on a bit. But they will all be trumped by the Queen. She's got to go at some point. 

Which wouldn't be( just to point out the bleeding obvious) just another celebrity passing but our head of state and, potentially, the beginning of a change in the role of the monarchy in the UK ( and commonwealth?). Although everyone might get a day off work ( which somewhat puts the pressure on me to get a job before Lizzie snuffs it).
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    hywelg said:

Which wouldn't be( just to point out the bleeding obvious) just another celebrity passing but our head of state and, potentially, the beginning of a change in the role of the monarchy in the UK ( and commonwealth?). Although everyone might get a day off work ( which somewhat puts the pressure on me to get a job before Lizzie snuffs it).
    It wasn't me.that introduced the idea that it's celebrities we've been losing. I was talking about influential musicians. 

Celebrities can take a walk.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    hywelg said:
    I'd give her another ten years - her mother got to over a hundred, and she looks in better health at the same age at the moment. Phil I'm not so sure about - he's really looking a bit shaky these days, and he's probably got prostate cancer.

I agree about the increasing numbers of aging - or even not-so-aging, but not very healthy - rock and pop stars though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7953
    edited December 2016
    Everyone is going to die. Doesn't make it any less tragic. But 'curse [insert year] for taking celebrities!' will be a dull discourse for the rest of time, it isn't the calendar's fault.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5239
    i think its right that the old "stars" shuffle off, makes room for the newbies, and it is of course the natural course of things
  • *cough* Jim Davidson *cough*
    Lol!!! What is it with Jim Davidson? :)
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Fingers crossed for a Trump Pence double
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6084
    Um... Only 3 Bad Company, sadly Boz Burrel died a while ago.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7671

it might be time for something like the hasmaldonadocrashedtoday? site - haveanyfamouspeoplediedtoday.com
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • hywelg said:
    Sporky said:
    Me neither, but talented musicians who have given me much audio pleasure is another matter. Rick Parfitt probably the most of all of those who went in 2016. And Andy Fraser. 
    Andy Fraser was 2015. 

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7271
    Breaking News - people die 
    hywelg said:
    Sporky said:
    Andy Fraser was 2015. 
    Bloody hell that's gone quick. It's true the older you get the faster time flies.
    Lol!!! What is it with Jim Davidson? :)
    He's still alive. :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    *cough* Jim Davidson *cough*
    We can but hope.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."