Strymon used prices

What's Hot
jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 755
hi all - am I right in thinking the prices of these have increased more in the used market than new? I went to have a scan through Strymon ads for the bigger units (a timeline or a möbius) expecting prices to be under £300 as that's the level I remember them being a year ago, but they're closer to £375? I can spot new ones for £389 - are there different versions or am I missing something?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Brexit! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Yep, what Joey said. Strymon new prices went up by £100 on larger pedals and £50 on most of the smaller ones.
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    £100! Holy crapola! 
    We need a US free trade deal. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Fuengi said:
    £100! Holy crapola! 
    We need a US free trade deal. 
    Good luck, the only part of the U.K. Trump is interested in is the bits you can build golf courses on.
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • That's all we'll and good guys, but why so close to new prices now? Some are actually more than the price new on eBay!!
  • That's all we'll and good guys, but why so close to new prices now? Some are actually more than the price new on eBay!!
    The market will only bear what people are prepared to pay, and people are paying those prices.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I guess it's fair enough if it's as simple as "that's what people are willing to pay", people are crazy it seems! I'll look at financing a new one for a few £ extra. Thanks all!
  • I guess it's fair enough if it's as simple as "that's what people are willing to pay", people are crazy it seems! I'll look at financing a new one for a few £ extra. Thanks all!
    Individuals are reasonable and pretty reliable generally, it's people as a whole that are fickle and unpredictable, ask any poll.
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    When they do come up for sale, they've usually been pretty well looked after, so I guess buyers are happy to save even a tiny amount? Or maybe appease their guilt at buying such an expensive pedal by getting 'a bargain'?

... and often people head to eBay and the like without keeping an eye on new shop prices. There are several Big Sky on eBay at the mo considerably more expensive than the shops.
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
    And to prove the point, I've just bought my Big Sky new from Dawsons at £396 inc free shipping.

I'd far rather do that than pay the 7/8 of new price in the classifieds!
  • Gadget said:
    And to prove the point, I've just bought my Big Sky new from Dawsons at £396 inc free shipping.

I'm experiencing the same of what I think you are saying. New item is £210 and this guys wants £190. It maybe only 3 months old but it's still used so should be cheaper than that. I don't think I'm derailing this thread by saying that as it's not a Strymon pedal 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Gadget said:

I'm experiencing the same of what I think you are saying. New item is £210 and this guys wants £190. It maybe only 3 months old but it's still used so should be cheaper than that. I don't think I'm derailing this thread by saying that as it's not a Strymon pedal 
    It seems to be a thing with one or two high ticket brands. And I guess it's fair enough if they're actually selling at those prices, but I'm not going to be one of the buyers, would much rather join @gadget and give money directly to the retailers and strymon themselves. 
  • BumFaceBumFace Frets: 114
    People seem to buy Strymon for the label these days. The Timeline and the Deco are great, but everything else I've used (Mobius, Big Sky, Dig, Ola ad infinitum) sounded all digital and horrid to me.  Made the guitar sound cheaper, not better.
  • BumFace said:
    People seem to buy Strymon for the label these days. The Timeline and the Deco are great, but everything else I've used (Mobius, Big Sky, Dig, Ola ad infinitum) sounded all digital and horrid to me.  Made the guitar sound cheaper, not better.
    That's interesting - I'm keen to try the Mobius and Timeline based on how great and, frankly indispensable, my El Capistan is. I really hope Line 6 upgrade the m-series instead sometime soon...
  • BumFaceBumFace Frets: 114
    BumFace said:
    That's interesting - I'm keen to try the Mobius and Timeline based on how great and, frankly indispensable, my El Capistan is. I really hope Line 6 upgrade the m-series instead sometime soon...
    I should have added the El Cap, it's a good pedal, but the Belle Epoch from Caitlinbread kicks it's arse for sound if not versatility
  • I need to try a belle epoch then!! It's the reverb that I can't replicate otherwise I'd have gone for a timeline ages ago, I mainly use the 'single' mode
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    I see strymon have had a bit of a price drop today.
    BumFace said:
    Each to their own of course, but I don't think people are buying these just for the label. Let's face it, if you can find the money to buy any of the Strymons, you've got the money ot buy your choice of pretty much any other currently available pedal in any given FX type, so buyers are obviously hearing / seeing something in these that they don't see elsewhere.... until they sell them, anyway ;)
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30892
    I think an element of fashion is part of this.

Recently, @tone1 bought my Benado analogue multifx with its comprehensive analogue reverb and trem. I got a message after b2b'ing with a Flint and I believe he was amazed at how much better the Benado was.

El Caps are OKish, but I remember putting it next to my TES (OK, 3 times the price) and there was no comparison- TES blew it away. Ditto a 2290 v a Timeline (the difference there is even more marked).

I have to say, the only one I've ever gassed for is the Deco as I like the gritty thing it does.

I also tried a Riverside recently. Let's just say the Environment Agency are right when they say developing riversides is foolhardy.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• mattdavismattdavis Frets: 841
    Gassage said:
    . I got a message after b2b'ing with a Flint and I believe he was amazed at how much better the Benado was.

Ah yes - but that's because he was b2b'ing. If he'd a2b'd it it would have been a whole different story....