Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

RIP Princess Leia

What's Hot

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    Apparently the filming for the next Star Wars film is already in the can, still, a very sad day :(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    Come on :( No, no no
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6795
    She was the real "people's princess"!!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Such a shame, but I think she had a good exciting life at least!
  • :-(

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    Are we sure that Stevie Wonder and Willie Nelson are close to medical care?
  • God - how sad....
  • octatonic said:
    Are we sure that Stevie Wonder and Willie Nelson are close to medical care?
    Dunno, but I'll bet my last penny that their 'people' are currently making damn sure that they are.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    FFS please 2016, please fuck off...
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    Sad news RIP Carrie 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    RIP Carrie. 
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6104
    FFS 2016 give us a break! Such sad news. RIP Carrie, Star Wars fans will be devasted :'(
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • Nikko said:

I dont understand this reaction at all. If you are annoyed with death then the years ahead will be brutal. There are so many legends reaching a good age now. 2016 is the start.

Without a doubt Carrie Fischer was an icon of her time.  Rip.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Like I've said though

So many of these Celebs that have died (young) this year have been well know for their drug/alcohol/ciggys abuse over the course of their lives. 

I guess that's the chance you take isn't it

with the exception of Keith Richards obviously 

Genuinely upset about Carrie though. I adore Star Wars. It's been with me my whole life and now I'm enjoying it all again with my kids - hers was one of the best characters by far - she was a fascinating woman as well

Postcards from the edge is brillinat
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72311
    RIP :(

Sadly not surprising given the reports of her condition from the flight, but still a shock, and saddening.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4723
    edited December 2016
    I can't remember a year when so many loved celebrities have tragically been lost. 2016 has been pretty awful.

And its also been very sad for me personally as I lost my mum to liver cancer in August.  

I can only hope 2017 is better. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16668
    edited December 2016
    welshboyo said:
    unbelievable......so sad and can't help wondering how they will carry on the films without her (selfish thoughts I know!!)
    Selfish maybe,but with Rogue One just put Disney have clearly shown death of an actor  won't stop them.  They already have the digital models to do young Carrie Fisher.... but i suspect they will recast certain characters  for any un-filmed episodes that may appear.  I think its preferable to a CGI stand-in for dead actors ... more comfortable for viewers, and certainly cheaper for the studios if they want to do more than a minute of screen time

Personally, I will be happy if they bring her daughter in to it more - she did appear as an extra in TFA  never far from Leia and is apparently in episode 8 with a bigger role  already.
  • Nikko said:

I dont understand this reaction at all. If you are annoyed with death then the years ahead will be brutal. There are so many legends reaching a good age now. 2016 is the start.

Without a doubt Carrie Fischer was an icon of her time.  Rip.
    I don't understand this reaction either. The range of ages has been from their 20s through to their 90s, and the range of reasons has been everything from accident to old age, including heart disease, cancer and other reasons. I'm 56 and I've seen everyone from Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra to PG Wodehouse go, but never have I seen a year like this. I'm sure that even statistically it's been an anomaly and that other years won't be this bad. You can say what you like, but as I said earlier, we've lost the 53 year old George Michael, the 60 year old Carrie Fisher, the 68 year old Rick Parfitt, the 95 year old Liz Smith and the 96 year old Richard Adams in just four fucking days.

That has to be off the scale, however you look at it.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I saw Episode 4 as a 10 year old. Wasn't until I saw it on telly years later that I noticed her breasts.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Some good news. She finished her work on Episode VIII. Not sure if that sounds incredibly heartless right now, but at least it will be something great to bow out with (hopefully!).