Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

JHS @ Pedal is on my radar....or what else for flexible modded JCM tones?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Weehbo JVM drive....... prefer it to Riot etc,

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks for the suggestion
  • What amp are you using ? 
  • Lazy J20...with cruiser deuce pedal then Way Huge Overrated Special, then MXR EP booster.
    Great set up for drive except I feel i am missing British gain sound. Maybe just need a tube screamer? Ta Jon
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Way Huge Fat Sandwich.
    Stacks really well with other Way Huge pedals.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2925
    tFB Trader
    Weehbo JVM is a great pedal. Bogner La Grange is my current Marshally favourite. JHS bloke is a cockbadger.
  • JonHosker said:
    Lazy J20...with cruiser deuce pedal then Way Huge Overrated Special, then MXR EP booster.
    Great set up for drive except I feel i am missing British gain sound. Maybe just need a tube screamer? Ta Jon
    Blackstar HT Dual - worth a look - quite versatile and will give you two gain channels  into a cleanish platform 
  • Ta
  • Has anyone tried the tiny, cheap Rowin Plexion for this?
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I had the Bogner LaGrange, it sounds bloody awesome and its by far the best plexi-800 style drive on the market. The finishing is a bit poor, i found several paint faults and i made the retailer get couple of units out before i was happy with the finish, even then i ended up sending it back as after a couple of weeks the paint around the bottom screws was already starting to lift. Its a real shame because its a massively good pedal, if you can live with the shitty paintwork (which on a £200 pedal, i think is unacceptable)
  • had no idea about the JHS back story (wow)...but back to the original question, have you tried the Carl Martin Plexitone II or EVH 5150 OD ?

• also

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • johnhejohnhe Frets: 191
    I've been through lots of MIAB pedals. The Angry Charlie v3 was one of the best, but was a heavier sound than I was looking for. I still have and love the Rockett Animal and .45 Caliber. However, I think that my favourite Marshall flavoured pedal is the Thorpy Gunshot.
  • JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 392
    Tried it.. decided keep simple .... Cruiser deuce, Way Huge O. special and Klone...!!