Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Ryan Adams

What's Hot
stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26870
edited December 2016 in Music
New songs were released a couple of weeks ago and new album due in February. Brilliant :)

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 979
    Cool, really like Ryan Adams & look forward to this new album.
  • I am a Ryan fanboi. I'm looking forward to this a lot. As an aside I've ordered a copy of the Heartbreaker reissue on vinyl. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I got "Do You Still Love Me?" on iTunes, like it, there's some nice guitar on there... it sounds very much like the self-titled album from a couple of years ago. Keen to hear some more. 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • I haven't heard his stuff but just checked out the song posted in the OP and really like it!
  • That second video is great, too. Nice and laid back. Reminds me of some Bonnie Raitt I listened to last night - very satisfying.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3806
    Ryan Adams is amazing. One of the best singer songwriters of our generation in my opinion. Love him.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

• I am a Ryan fanboi. I'm looking forward to this a lot. As an aside I've ordered a copy of the Heartbreaker reissue on vinyl. 

edit: It's the album spread across two LPs - 3-4 tracks a side max. Lovely listening experience. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• marktheharpmarktheharp Frets: 89
    edited January 2017
    Also a fanboy.  Got the heartbreaker cd/dvd re-issue. Superb.  I would also recommend the non issue albums .if you can get them. Darkbreaker '. Suicide handbook ' . Exile on Franklin street' .the pinkheart sessions' and various others.  There is more unreleased stuff than released.  Really phenomenal output. And pretty much all great quality.  And then there is all the whiskeytown stuff.  In my opinion he will be talked about in the same breath as Dylan and Springsteen in time......
    Obviously he is not top of the media list of favourites and can be difficult at times and is a tortured soul...
    Our very own Dan at  4114 custom effects has Mr Adams  as a customer (flux capacitor delay,ordered a few of them,I believe) 

• marktheharpmarktheharp Frets: 89
    edited January 2017
    I would recommend 'gold'  as an easy album to get into him. If you like soft acoustic type... 'Ashes and fire' is an easy listen. My favourite album is 'cardinology' followed by
     ' cold roses'and 'Easy tiger' is ace. And 'rocknroll' is quite angry  (2 fingers up at his old record label).
    And then Demolition  (unreleased stuff  from after heartbreaker and gold sessions) has some gems. The ep. 'Follow the lights' is a gem...  there is just so much. It's a nice discovery journey,getting into his stuff... Obviously not everybody's cup of tea .
    Happy listening guys and gals!
    And for anyone who cares to bother. Type in 'Marktheharp come pick me up' on youtube ....  
    Cheers 
    Mark.  

• CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 882
    edited January 2017
    Roll on Feb. Ive seen ryan 6 times now. He is probably one of my all time top artists.

There are leaks. But it's better to wait. Songs released sound cool. I kinda wish he would make another Gold or whiskey town pneumonia but if he is in to 80s rock so be it

Top 5 for me

GOLD
    Heartbreaker
    The last whiskey town album
    Ryan adams - Ryan adams
    Demolition

Howevery if you like jammy rock stuff. Cold roses is great. If you like acoustic Ashes and fire is cool. If you like Smithsy kinda stuff then love is hell.

I think there are 14 solo albums and so many unreleased gems you can go for days

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    Also a fanboy.  Got the heartbreaker cd/dvd re-issue. Superb.  I would also recommend the non issue albums .if you can get them. Darkbreaker '. Suicide handbook ' . Exile on Franklin street' .the pinkheart sessions' and various others.  There is more unreleased stuff than released.  Really phenomenal output. And pretty much all great quality.  And then there is all the whiskeytown stuff.  In my opinion he will be talked about in the same breath as Dylan and Springsteen in time......
    Obviously he is not top of the media list of favourites and can be difficult at times and is a tortured soul...
    Our very own Dan at  4114 custom effects has Mr Adams  as a customer (flux capacitor delay,ordered a few of them,I believe) 

Have you got 48 Hours @marktheharp? Recorded in, er, 48 Hours, 2 weeks after he finished Gold because he thought he could do better. And I think he did. Another superb record he never officially released. 
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • Yes  thanks .I have them all. I think I posted some out to someone on here?
    I would recommend 'gold'  as an easy album to get into him. If you like soft acoustic type... 'Ashes and fire' is an easy listen. My favourite album is 'cardinology' followed by
     ' cold roses'and 'Easy tiger' is ace. And 'rocknroll' is quite angry  (2 fingers up at his old record label).
    And then Demolition  (unreleased stuff  from after heartbreaker and gold sessions) has some gems. The ep. 'Follow the lights' is a gem...  there is just so much. It's a nice discovery journey,getting into his stuff... Obviously not everybody's cup of tea .
    Happy listening guys and gals!
    And for anyone who cares to bother. Type in 'Marktheharp come pick me up' on youtube ....  
    Cheers 
    Mark.  

His worst album imo.
  • Which one?
    And what's your favourite?
    All subjective.of course. I think Gold was my first listen. And obviously there is(love is)  hell of a lot of stuff released and unreleased. He  tends to make the best stuff when he is suffering for his art. 
    I was talking about rocknroll. I remember returning it to HMV on cd when it came out, I was so disappointed with it.

First album I heard was Gold, but favourite is probably Heartbreaker or Cold Roses.

Will have to hunt down some of the extra material mentioned, especially 48 hours.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26870
    I love Rock n Roll. It's not like most of his other stuff but it's a great record.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1769
    I love Rock n Roll. It's not like most of his other stuff but it's a great record.
    Me too, I thinks it's got some great songs on, although probably not his best album.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • Rock n  roll' always splits opinion...as does cardinology ' which I love.not a bad track on it,in my opinion!
     Also check out the bbc4 sessions on youtube,brilliant concert
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6385
    edited January 2017
    Another fanboi here.  Thanks for the track posting/info

My fave track ....

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom