Vox foot switches?

robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3435
I believe I need a VFS2 for my Cambridge reverb amp, so what is a VFS2A foot switch?
A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• susbemolsusbemol Frets: 397
    edited December 2016
    The same two button footswitch but with LEDs. They are not always interchangeable though so check your manual. 
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4722
    A Marshall 2 button switch will likely work fine too.  
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1744

This reminds me of when I purchased a 2 button marshall footswitch for a Marshall VS100 probably 16 years ago.

The shop in Bradford (now long since gone) had one in that instead of saying Channel - OD1/OD2 said something like Channel - Reverb.

The guy was adamant it wouldn't work and was not happy selling me it. In the end I had to promise him I'd buy it and not bring it back under any circumstances.

Sure enough the footswitch worked. I even discovered that the 2nd footswitch was labelled with a sticker, removing said sticker it said OD1/OD2 underneath.

It tickled me that did.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72242
    If it's a standard latching footswitch for an amp which can take one, any plain footswitch will work.

Where it gets more complicated is if the footswitch has LEDs - then sometimes the LEDs won't light, the footswitch won't work or the LEDs could blow, or a combination of those... so it can be risky to try unless you know.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein