Correct 250k pot for Squier JV P-bass?

What's Hot

My JV '62 RI Precision has a noisy volume pot that isn't responding to switch cleaner/lube, so replacement is in order. 

I have some of the 'vintage-style' CTS 250k's with the dished cases, but the old Squier P-bass knobs won't fit on, even with the split shafts squashed a bit. 

Which ones do I need?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72249
    Drill the knobs out to 1/4" and fit CTS solid (not split) shaft 250K Log pots. Anything else is a bit of a compromise.

If you don't want to buy more pots, make sure the set-screw can't crush the split shaft - it's already weakened by bending it, be *very* careful when you open it out again. Cut a piece of thick pick to fit the slot and stop it being pushed inwards.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KKJaleKKJale Frets: 982
    Really, no decent pots for old Jap push-fit knobs? Hey ho, well that's good info. I might actually get some nice reissue knobs to pop on the solid shaft pots as the old ones are all manky and peeling anyway. Thanks ICBM.
    Just about to order up those CTS pots. @ICBM will the scratchplate holes need reaming out at all d'you think? 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72249
    KKJale said:
    Just about to order up those CTS pots. @ICBM will the scratchplate holes need reaming out at all d'you think? 
    Yes.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Righto!