Special edition boss distortion and overdrive...

What's Hot
http://www.dawsons.co.uk/boss-ds-1x-distortion-pedal

I think these have been predicted for a while... Essentially souped up DS-1 and OD-1 circuits? Or possibly the start of a new line to compete with the more boutique builders? The overdrive might be worth a look in that I liked my old OD-3, but I never got on with the DS-1...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17603
    tFB Trader
    Despite the name they've got nothing to do with the OD1 and DS1 they are digital drives using the Boss Multi Dimensional Processing the Terra Echo uses.
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    As for sounds FWIW Sweetwater in the US have a Youtube demo posted.

Avoid Boss's own offering. It's a short vid of a bloke setting his gear up, various captions claiming this is the dirtbox equivalent of the second coming, and by the end you haven't heard a note.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The OD1-X sounds pretty awesome

Way cool sounding.
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    ooo, ooo, OOO, OOO,  I do like that  
    Nice articulation too.
    I was thinking I would have to go for a V Distortion to get some of that.
    Reminds me of my old GR100 in a way, but so much better.
    One more for the pot...
    Thanks for posting the PremierGuitar vid TPD, mucho enjoyed   :)

• SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 660
    Meh. You could buy a Keeley modded DS1 for the same price, Better still you could buy a used Keeley modded DS1 off ebay for about £50.
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Better add that now you can't move on Youtube for demos. Sounds okay but still can't see it as the second coming as Boss claim. Wouldn't say no to the OD though.
  • Skarloey;143641" said:
    Better add that now you can't move on Youtube for demos. Sounds okay but still can't see it as the second coming as Boss claim. Wouldn't say no to the OD though.
    Yeah, the ds1 is an acquired taste - I like the sound, but it's a bit special effecty from demos. Maybe one for a cool, unique sounding solo or riff.

The overdrive one is pretty great sounding though, I could really use that. The dyna drive, which uses cosm, is also really wonderful, though you need to watch the high end (which is easily tamed with pedal controls).

Innovative, unique, and niche. I'd love one but I'm saving up for guitars and a trip around Europe so I won't be buying pedals. :(
  • I wonder if we will see more pedals in the x line they certainly look like the beginning of a new series. Also, I like that they have a silver screw ;) maybe they will start to do them with black screws and these first editions will double in value...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom