2017 Injury club.

What's Hot

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    5k parkrun for me this morning. Felt slow and very rusty after a few weeks of minimal effort but still got under 24 mins so could have been worse
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    Park run yesterday plus a very slow 10km before breakfast this morning brings me to 35.7km for the week according to strava. Not including the New Year's Day park run. Day off tomorrow and back to it Tuesday. I doubt I'll manage 35km every week but will stick at it. Been a good week
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782
    First day of week 2 and I am .... going to a fancy French restaurant for lunch.
    I'll run tomorrow.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17585
    tFB Trader
    Did a decent 5k this morning so my total is 13.6km this year.

Did 20k of brisk walking as well last week.
  • 15k this morning.
    Did extra today as I know Im unlikely to get a run tomorrow- it's the first day of nursery/school/work routines resuming so could be hectic. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    13.8 miles on road yesterday. 17.3 miles today off road.  Total 60.4 miles this week (97km).  71.8 miles for 2017 so far.

Have a race next weekend (15 miles) so next week is a down/taper week so expecting 20-25 miles total.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3875
    Polished my trainers and washed my underpants ready for tomorrow morning.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3875
    +4k this morning bringing my total to 16k so far.
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    Hurray! I jogged all the way back from Parkrun on Saturday, up a long undulating hill, so 9 miles done with 2 5 minute rests in between.

There's a new Parkrun starting on Saturday which is only 1 mile away from me, so I'll support that from now on which means I should have energy left for a long run on Sunday in preparation for the HM.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782
    January 9th: 35km+ 8km = 43km
    A long, slow wet one today.
  • DamianPDamianP Frets: 499
    Great work everyone!  
     It may well be the new years effect but the numbers of people out running round here has increased dramatically.  Good luck to them all.

I did 40k last week. Mostly slow, zone 1-2 running to work.  I'm keeping my effort constant and the time seems to be improving so hopefully that's good sign.  
    I also lost 3lb which is nice.  I want to lose another stone by the end of feb. That will put me close to the weight I was when I was at my fastest  It will also be 6 months since my ablation procedure. If it's all good then, I should be able to resume some actual training.
    I've no idea if I'll be able to get back to where I was but I`ll have fun trying.

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24189
    I've been investigating the Parkrun thing.

There are a few near me, but I didn't realise they are on a Saturday morning - I have rehearsals then in term time. So I might have to give it a try either in half term or the Easter holiday.

The 2 courses that are close enough seem to be very different. One is half tarmac, half off road with shale and mud with small hills. The other is all tarmac and flat.

Tarmac and flat it will be!

There are a few near me, but I didn't realise they are on a Saturday morning - I have rehearsals then in term time. So I might have to give it a try either in half term or the Easter holiday.

The 2 courses that are close enough seem to be very different. One is half tarmac, half off road with shale and mud with small hills. The other is all tarmac and flat.

It's interesting to try both I reckon. My default Parkrun is more like a cross country course, whereas the one about to start is a flat PB-able course, mostly paved and tarmaced with a short stretch of gravel. The cross country course has virtually no other traffic, whereas the new one is on a riverside path in the centre of Newport and will have some traffic at 9am.
    Five mile lunchtime run done today.
  • DamianPDamianP Frets: 499

Tarmac and flat.  Where's the fun in that?  
    I drive past 2 flat Parkruns to get to one with hills and mud.  

Hills and mud are what make it fun!  

Maybe I'm odd.
    I've registered so I'm ready for half-term.

I'll start with the tarmac one - partly because I know the area and where to find a parking spot!

They seem to have about 240 runners per week. I'll make sure I start at the back!
    It's getting well clogged up at the muddy Parkrun - 400-odd runners most weeks. Quite a narrow course too so I treat it as a bit of a challenge to see how many people I can pass.
  • stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5418
    edited January 2017
    My local park run in perfectly flat & smooth. I hate it! Im all about trails, mud & no cars anywhere nearby. 
    All the local club runners use it as a time trial as it's easy to pb on apparently. 
    20km total now.

Windy and cold. My arse is numb!
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17585
    tFB Trader
    octatonic said:
    A long, slow wet one today.
    Jogging does that to my digestion too.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom