Barefoot oversize button alternative from Mooer...

What's Hot
GadgetGadget Frets: 895
edited January 2017 in FX
I'm aware of the larger aluminium footswitch buttons made in the US by http://barefootbuttons.com/ but despite looking great and undoubtedly being high quality, at $9 each + shipping + duties, they might end-up a bit on the pricey side.

However, I've just found these plastic ones from Mooer in the UK, which are obviously more basic / plastic / less cool, but are also only £5.99 for a pack of 10. Thought they might be of interest.... http://www.mooeraudio.co.uk/p/mooer-footswitch-topper-mix-colour

I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    Mad Professor do some nice looking ones but I think they might be even more expensive.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782
    edited January 2017
    That reminds me, all Shimmer pedals should come with poisoned spikes on the footswitch.
    Commit to that, you indie fucks.
    16reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    Daier have just started selling these new (non-standard button size) 3PDT switches featuring oversized alu caps. Also, illuminated rings around the button. Very cool. I barely ever use 3PDT, but if the quality is good these are very tempting. 

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've ordered some; let's see how good they are and how much stomping they put up with.

FYI, I posted a link on a different thread to a UK company, Custom Pedalboards UK or something, that are selling their own metal versions of the Barefoot Buttons, with little locking grub screw, for about a fiver each and discounts if bought in bulk.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • (postage from Mooer on those coloured jobbies is £3.50, 3-7 working days quoted).
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    octatonic said:
    That reminds me, all Shimmer pedals should come with poisoned spikes on the footswitch.
    Commit to that, you indie fucks.
    Probably the best thing I've read so far this year!
  • MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    edited January 2017
    PSA: Stringsdirect on eBay are selling packs of 5 of the Mooer ones for £4.99 but with free postage, if 10 is too many for your needs. The 5-pack is all of the same colour (your choice).
  • cheers Jon, it seems everyones jumping on this little wagon! i've now even seen a guy make them out of wood!

CPB Stompers are locally made here in Wales from CNC Machined Billet Aluminium. we now have them in red, blue, gold and silver. and a limited edition stealth black. also keeping them as simple and low cost as we can.

but those plastic mooer 1's are well cheap aren't they. like little sweeties! might have to get a pack just to try them out, cause i cant understand why they dont come off if they just fit with friction.

for all things pedal boards please visit www.custompedalboards.co.uk
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    I did see the Mooer ones named as 'Candy' buttons when I initially did my search for Barefoot alternatives, but perhaps Mooer thought they'd ditch that name in case we silly guitarists started choking on them or something LOL

They are indeed cheap and look funky, but I too would be concerned at whether they'd stay put without a grub screw long term.

The Daier ones look nice, but I don't quite understand the 'non standard size' bit - does that mean they don't do any to fit most standard fx pedal switches? Seems a bit daft if so. Plus, where can you buy them in the UK? personally importing stuff just ramps-up the costs too much, especially with the Pound where it's at now.

As I said at the start, I do like the Barefoot ones' design, but too expensive to import...

... So I'm pleased to see the Custom Pedalboards ones. £4.85 seems like a fair deal.
    Are there that many bare footed players out there?
    Sassafras said:
    I don't play out, so can often be playing in socks at home, but I should imagine bigger buttons make a welcome bigger target for gigging guitarists too?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sassafras said:
    I don't wear shoes in the house, so that's my main need for them. Also, i'm hoping it'll make the micro pedals easier to press - the mooer photos seem to suggest that the toppers raise the footswitch surface up to be higher than the control knobs.
  • bwetsbwets Frets: 161
    Sassafras said:
    Kevin Parker (of Tame Impala)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Sassafras said:
    Vivian Campbell? LOL

She's a hottie.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PSA: Stringsdirect on eBay are selling packs of 5 of the Mooer ones for £4.99 but with free postage, if 10 is too many for your needs. The 5-pack is all of the same colour (your choice).
    Or direct from strings direct for £4.49 delivered. I've just ordered some, I've a few pedals they might be handy for. 
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7763
    I've just ordered some CPB stompers now that the other colours are in. Should be useful for some of the stiff switches too.
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1372
    timhulio said:
    Daier have just started selling these new (non-standard button size) 3PDT switches featuring oversized alu caps. Also, illuminated rings around the button. Very cool. I barely ever use 3PDT, but if the quality is good these are very tempting. 

Those are amazing! If I could solder, I'd fit those to some of my existing stomps.
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    Anyone know if the Mooer ones will fit my Digitech DL8 :)

I have ordered some so will report back.