Neunaber Iconoclast Speaker Emulator

dragonb4llzdragonb4llz Frets: 12
Just got an email from them today to announce their new product. It's a stereo speaker emulator designed to work with your preamp pedals to replace your amp and speaker: https://neunaber.net/collections/iconoclast

They've got two vids up on their YouTube channel. I love the neunaber stuff and if it sounds decent It'd be cool to replace my dual amp/ir cab sims at home and get that space back.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hmmm...I'd love a small, stereo hardware IR loader, but something about this doesn't sound right for the heavier distorted stuff in the launch vid, and (unless I missed it) nobody in the reactions video used more than a mild crunch.
    <space for hire>
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3469
    edited January 2017
    Bit of a strange one this. To me, IR's are infinitely flexible as you can just swap them in and out to taste. Loving the small form factor of this though and it's interesting for sure. I like the stereo I/O that I've kind of wanted on my Torpedo CAB.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    Just been listening to the demos and the more I think about it, the more potentially useful I think it could be:

You could put it at the end of your pedalboard and listen to the board solely through headphones, no amp required.

You could use it post-preamp & loop as a quick and dirty no-mic recording or live DI.

You could use it to play your pedalboard sans-amp into your FR studio monitors or stereo system....
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • Yea will need to wait and see what it sounds like across the dirt spectrum but I'm pretty excited for them. Neunaber are pretty good with their software updates so who knows, maybe down the line they'll let you use your own ir files :)
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I don't even know what IRs are, well, I've got a rough idea but I quite like this little box. Seems to offer the sort of control I like, real pots, in a handy size.
    Shame it's not a bit cheaper. I'd use it.
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352

I like the look of this and its relevant to my needs. I've recently gigged with my pedalboard straight into the mixing desk through a Torpedo CAB, which whilst excellent, is on the large side. So something smaller like this or the AMT Pangea have a place in the future.

Makes good sense if lugging an amp around isn't your thing, or if set-up space in some venues is tight and amps aren't really viable.

I've never used Neunaber kit, but reviews seems to praise their offerings across the board so I'll keep an eye on this. Probably second hand given the price though.