Allen and Heath announce QU24 - 30 in \ 24 out

Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10357

The one gripe about the excellent QU16 was the channel count, 16 mono's and 3 stereo. This version ups the anti to 24 mono, 3 stereo and 24 outs for FOH and stereo IEM mixs. 

Direct multitrack recording to harddrive, no PC needed
Direct playback from USB drive so no need for ipod anymore for walk ons / warm up music
Free iPad remote mix ap, just connect router to desk
iLive quality effects

Been gigging the QU16 for about 6 months now and that's a game changing digital desk at the price point. If they can keep this one around 2.5K I reckon it will sell like hot cakes and I really want one
www.2020studios.co.uk 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3098
    edited January 2014
    Looks good but not sure the 24 will be as popular as the 16 lots of competition at 24 channels and possibly different mind set as that sort of channel count is usually a more sophisticated show ... love to change my mix wiz for a QU16 but not sure as it gets hired out a lot that the great unwashed would prefer digital over analogue at this level  ie 8-16 channels
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10357

Yeah for dry hire your mix wizard is ideal, a lot of people wouldn't get their heads around operating a QU16, they would need some flight time on it first. For yourself though a QU16 is a great mixer. I put on a big charity multiband bash in November and the guy I used for FOH used our QU16 rather than his own mixwiz ...... he's now gone out and brought one he was that impressed. :)
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • @Danny1969 

Yes i like it and have heard nothing but good things about it its just a pity that A&H haven't got ACE to talk to all their mixers unless you use Dante

www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • 1nten5e1nten5e Frets: 245
    @Danny1969

I'm thinking of getting a QU16 for live gigs, I play in a few bands and reckon it would be great to have set ups saved, making it much easier and faster to get everything up and running

Any tips you can chuck my way would be much appreciated

Gaz
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10357
    @1nten5e

The QU16 saves everything in the show file, even the channel PF gain so once you've set your show file (or scene) for a particular band you can recall it at every gig and the monitor sends, effects type, dynamics settings etc will be more or less right every time. Changes to the main GEQ's can be set on a per venue basis and saved as band name\ venue name. 

We've using ours with the AR2412 digital stage box. One thing that saves us time to have the AR2412 in a rack with our IEM transmitters and radio mic receivers. Because they are in the same rack they can be left permanently connected, so all we have to do at a gig is connect one cat 5 cable from the AR2412 to the desk and pop the wireless mics in the stands. At £1200 ish it's pricey but if you do a lot of gigs it's very handy to have

I like to use an iPad to control the monitors from the stage, the ap is free and all you need do is connect a router to the desk and join it's network from the iPad. You can also mix the gig from an iPad as well if there's nowhere out front to put the desk.  
    The Qdrive is great for recording but you can also use it for virtual soundchecking, it can freak out the punters though to hear a disembodied vocal :) 

Great desk for the money

www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • 1nten5e1nten5e Frets: 245
    Sounds perfect.....I'll look into it