Practice amps with Loopers in ?

TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7350
What practice amps are out there with Loopers built in to them?

reason for asking is eldest son (11) says he wants to be able to play some chords on guitar, have it keep going, then go to his keyboard and play/sing along with the guitar chords (precocious little so and so I know...) 

I don't really want to be getting in to pedals/power supplies and whatnot just for that.

I think I recall that the larger Roland Cubes can do this, but any others you know of?
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• nick_snick_s Frets: 138
    edited January 2017
    Pretty sure the Blackstar Core ID series have a looper, let me check.

EDIT - yeah, again it's the higher powered amps that have it: https://www.blackstaramps.com/uk/ranges/idcore-high-power
    - Shine On You Crazy Diamond -
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 782
    I use the looper on my roland cube xl40. It needs the footswitch to make it useable imo.(fs6). They cost nothing and are fine for low vol practice . I think i paid £250 for the amp & footswitch, you'd probably find a used one for a ton or less & they're reliable. 
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    Get a Zoom G3 and any amp.
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1589

Blackstar BEAM is I think what you need. There should be a demo vid on the site.

Dave.

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1589

My apologies, the looper seems to only be a feature on the ID Core 100 and 150 models? However it might be available in the downloadable software for the other amps in the Core range.

Dave.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26753
    The Line 6 Spider Vs have loopers iirc. Maybe not the smallest, but certainly the bigger ones.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • It may be cheaper to go for a ditto and a power supply. Boss do a good affordable one too. 

Failing that, as above, the spider V amps have then, but probably only the bigger ones. 

A zoom g3 is a decent idea too. 
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2439
    Yeah the looper starts appearing on the Spider V 60. The advantage of the Spiders is you have some drum tracks as well. Fun. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9551
    The previous incarnation of the Roland Cubes had loopers on the 40w and 80w versions. I believe its the 40xl and 80xl. As has been previously mentioned you'll need the (optional extra) footswitch to make it usable. 
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7350
    Cheers chaps. Looks like keeping an eye out for a Roland Cube 40XL might be the thing.

Actually I recall when I did the Funk week at IGF the instructor (Jason Sidwell) was using a house 80XL and the clean sound was fantastic. 

ta
    Red ones are better. 
  • NeckwringerNeckwringer Frets: 357
    edited January 2017
    Line6 Spider Jam.............loads of effects,shit hot 'real' drums n' songs and looper,pretty cheap to pick up too.

I only use mine for the drums so made it into a head,usualy has a 15" and a tweeter.
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 597
    I had a Cube 80xl for quite a while and would thoroughly recommend it. And yes,  it has a built in looper (and tuner)