Digitech Trio or Beatbuddy mini - Any thoughts?

ellangusellangus Frets: 250
As per title.

I'm considering buying either a Trio or a Beatbuddy mini just for home use and wonder if anyone has any comments regarding either to help with my choice.

Ta all.
Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    I have the first version of the Trio and I rarely use it. I'm thinking of getting a Beatbuddy instead

The v2 Trio may be better tho
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9528
    Ive owned both, and both are good...

BUT, imho, the Trio Plus is the one to get. It is superb, and is one of my best purchases ever.
  • ellangusellangus Frets: 250
    The Trio Plus does look much better than the Trio but unfortunately, it comes down to cost.
    Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
    Having looked further into the Beatbox it looks little more than a drum machine in a pedal?!
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9528
    Yep, but its a brilliant drum machine.... 

Save yout pennies and get the Trio Plus. Its THAT good.
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    Single thing about the Trio that I like is that it has beat detection. Don't know if the Beatbuddy does that but it's what I had problems with with every other looper I tried.

And it's great fun.....
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6795
    Trio plus's were being reduced alot before xmas, and come up in the classified often - worth looking around for a deal.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    edited January 2017
    Thanks all for the help and suggestions. Have pulled the trigger on a Trio from @Hubobulous .

If I like it I may well be moving up to the Plus in the future.

Thanks again.
  • handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1005
    edited January 2017
    I agree with Waz about the trio plus. It's so brilliant to jam along with and use for practice. I used to use the full fat beat buddy and an infinity looper together. I much prefer the trio plus for its usability and simplicity. The tap tempo on the beat buddy was annoying. Unlike delay pedals it seemed to take about 6 taps to get it registering and then there's a delay before you can press anything else while the tap screen lingers.