Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Comments

• BabonesBabones Frets: 1206
    I think they look awful. Modern C with 12" radius, as well.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Pretty sure that's just the Affinity Jazzmaster and Mustang
    Stop crying, start buying
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26972
    Soo... Red Mascis, Red Mascis with hardtail, Bullet Mustang (potentially quite a good starter guitar), and an HH Jazzmaster no-one wants. 

No 12 string?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    I'm tempted to grab a Mustang and change the pickguard to a standard one with some Mojo pickups
    Stop crying, start buying
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Don't like any of them. Don't like the colours or the configurations. These are a step down from the existing range of Squier offsets imho.
    Link to my trading feedback
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • They could use the offset range/tag/name/whatever to do something genuinely cool and interesting. There's such a market for it as well and instead they churn out this middle of the road, piss poor, shite. The whole sorry affair smacks of a focus group
    How very rock and roll
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Hardtail Jazzmaster with Bigsby sounds fun and I like the Mustang too. The Baritone looks best of breed though

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Were I not in the throes of having a frankly traffic stoppingly lovely Jazzmaster being built for me by a man of such exqusite taste as to make the ambassador from the Ferrero Rocher adverts look like the absolute worst type of arriviste scumbag I would be all over the middle Jazzmaster.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1206
    The whole sorry affair smacks of a focus group
    I think you are giving too much credit there. I'd be surprised if they even bothered (as it doesn't seem like much thought has gone into this little range). It's a bit like someone left their job/task to the last minute and came up with this on the train to work. 
    I'd love to know how the process works/who gets to design new ranges etc. 
  • Nothing to get excited about again.
    With the Vintage modified and Classic vibe series they had decent original spec gear at great prices. They havent brought out anything good since. (Yes, not even the pink Ryan Jarman barbie jag!)

Also says in the blog Kurt Cobain 'used Jazzmasters to great effect'.
    I may be wrong, but im pretty certain he never used one at all, ever.
  • Nothing to get excited about again.
    With the Vintage modified and Classic vibe series they had decent original spec gear at great prices. They havent brought out anything good since. (Yes, not even the pink Ryan Jarman barbie jag!)

Also says in the blog Kurt Cobain 'used Jazzmasters to great effect'.
    I may be wrong, but im pretty certain he never used one at all, ever.
  • I picked up this Mustang a few months ago, very impressed with everything but the angle the wammy bar rests at, and I can live with that.   I used to own an original Fender Mustang (1968).  The Squier weighs a little more but has superior pick ups in my opinion.  I paid a fair bit less than the quote in this link too.    https://www.andertons.co.uk/p/0302200541/solid-body-electric-guitars/squier-vintage-modified-mustang-in-vintage-white

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    I like the HH affinity one, I'll be tempted if the neck isn't as thin as the affinity strat neck I have. 
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1841
    I can't help but find that mustang interesting. A cheap shortscale offset as a modding platform - yes please.
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • Sesh said:
    I can't help but find that mustang interesting. A cheap shortscale offset as a modding platform - yes please.
    Agree.  £115 is a good price. 

I'm tempted to get one to put in some HB's I have lying around, putting on a set of 13-56's and keep in Open G for playing slide. 
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    edited January 2017
    Urgh... why do they have to stick bum*ucker pickups in a Fender/Squier offset  anguished  

That said the baritone interests me greatly. I've played the old Antigua version and it's a great instrument once you get over the finish. Looks like the new one is pretty much the same, but with P90s instead of JM pickups?

The Blackout finish certainly looks better than the Antigua, although I would have liked it in Candy Apple Red or Olympic White. It would look better with a white pickguard, but they're non-standard size/shape so probably not feasible. Andertons currently have it at £330 as well, some £70 less than the Antigua baritone, wonder if that's just a preorder price?

• OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Sesh said:
    Yeah that does look very interesting at that price, normally the territory of endless budget Strat copies.
  • wayneiriewayneirie Frets: 419
    no mustang bass sadly
  • Think i'll go for a blue mustang as a basis for modding.
    Cant grumble at £115
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Think i'll go for a blue mustang as a basis for modding.
    Cant grumble at £115
    Blimey, £115 ? as long as they're not totally terrible I can see a lot of those getting sold !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom